New bass day :D

REMUS

• Members

Finally got the sucker, oh baby the neck and oh man the tunes... loving it in every way so far, beautiful instrument.

I'm really amazed at how easy this is to play, so forgiving and smooth.

Fingers are starting to get sore, but I don't care :p back to it now i've given you some pics of this weird yet wonderful finish.

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

• Members

HNBD

from your sig i guess that bass is a Sandberg California JM4

i am not too familiar with that name, i have not been playing the bass that long.

is that a brand new bass and is that finish the original? it is very strange (not sure if i like it or dont, never seen anything like it before) i think it confuses me.

• Members

that bass is HAWT, not to mention that pickup config is to DIE for.

The pup configuration is exactly what I need and wanted, infact I was actually quite surprised when I saw it was sporting Delanos since they are pretty darn expensive items.

Silky smooth man :cool:

Haven't heard it's overdriven tone yet, sold my tube amps so I can't see for myself :o

I really need to get myself a good rig again :mad:

• Members

Meh. Looks like someone glued a bunch of gum wrappers to a jazz bass.

If you saw it in person, you would be intrigued enough to pull it off the wall. Once played, you'd fully understand. The finish isn't exactly my cup o tea either, but these are very well crafted instruments...and the finish IS intriguing. :)

• Members

If you saw it in person, you would be intrigued enough to pull it off the wall. Once played, you'd fully understand.

This is EXACTLY what I mean when I say a bass that 'makes you want to play it'. I love basses that you just have to pick up, and just have to play if you catch even a slight glimpse of them. When they turn out to sound and play as good as they look you know you have something special. For me a bass needs to have that undeniable draw to it, or it's just another blend into the background bass that I'd probably just pass over. But, it still has to be a great bass. Those kind are very hard to come by. I'd love to see this finish in person, I've never seen such a metalic finish that still showed the woodgrain. Very interesting!

• Members

I've deliberately avoided youtube, at least when it comes to posting myself on there.

Are there any decent host sites?

I do it(if I can get my camera to cooperate), and I suck. :DExample.

Maybe hc.bloodyvelvet.com, but I don't know if it'll take video files.

Photobucket may work, as well. Not sure.

• Members

I couldn't hear it until near the end of your piece, something wrong my end?

Nono, read the description. :p

I couldn't get the volume boosted any higher, so you're gonna have to be a pal and turn up your speakers, if you'd like to hear it. Not missing out on much, though. :thu: Hahaha.

Archived