End of Dr. Bass saga

no-logic

• Members

Yesterday I got the last of three Delta 10's to replace the Beta's in my Dr. Bass RX310. Here's the whole story from this thread earlier today.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1780646

Anyway, I open the Delta box and it's a Delta 10A. This is an 8 ohm driver which will not work in the 3x10 setup to give you a 4 ohm load. Marc was supposed to send my a Delta 10B, the 16 ohm version. I am now fit to be tied. I put all of the original Beta's back in and was going to send the whole thing back to Marc and tell him to give me a refund. I plugged it in to my head just to make sure that it works and I couldn't believe it.......it sounds fine.....no buzz. Now the drivers are probably in different holes and maybe different angles of rotation but I wouldn't think that would make a difference. But I put it through the paces and it sounds great. Go figure.

Did I mention that it sounds great?? :thu:

• Members

Probably had something loose or not just seated quite right somewhere - sometimes the speakers can get "canted" on the screws kind of like a wheel on a car going on slightly crooked - have to take it all the way off and put it back on to get it to seat properly.

• Members
Probably had something loose or not just seated quite right somewhere - sometimes the speakers can get "canted" on the screws kind of like a wheel on a car going on slightly crooked - have to take it all the way off and put it back on to get it to seat properly.

Maybe....but twice in a row? I replaced that driver twice. Maybe the holes are slightly off and by running the screws in and out a few times they equalized?

• Members

Maybe....but twice in a row? I replaced that driver twice. Maybe the holes are slightly off and by running the screws in and out a few times they equalized?

Or maybe the holes in the speaker frames don't come out quite exactly evenly spaced, causing there to be some rotational orientations that fit better than others?

Anyway, I'm glad it works now - so you're finally digging the Dr Bass sound? My experience has been so good (other than the initial wait, but mine actually wasn't too bad) that I'm bummed when I read of others having problems.

• Members

That does sound a little odd.

There had to be something off somewhere.

Are you using the same head or rack setup as before?

Perhaps a buzzy cable before?

Just trying to look at all angles here. I just can't figure out how taking out the original speakers, replacing them and then putting them back in would fix whatever problem there was.

Either way, I'm glad it's fixed and you're digging it now.

You were shaking my faith in my decision to get the Dr Bass cab for a bit. ;)

• Members

That does sound a little odd.

There had to be something off somewhere.

Are you using the same head or rack setup as before?

Perhaps a buzzy cable before?

Just trying to look at all angles here. I just can't figure out how taking out the original speakers, replacing them and then putting them back in would fix whatever problem there was.

Either way, I'm glad it's fixed and you're digging it now.

You were shaking my faith in my decision to get the Dr Bass cab for a bit.
;)

Yeah, I know. That's what I thought. And same head and cable. And it was definitely the driver in that position. You could just touch a string lightly and put your ear to it and hear the buzz. And you put your hand on the cone and it would go away. I can't explain it. But at least it's over. And this cabinet does rock. Tons of bottom, great mids, and clear highs. And it is loud!!!!! It will be great for our practice space. And I might even sneak it out to a gig. Now to sell the Bag End 2x10.

• Members

Yesterday I got the last of three Delta 10's to replace the Beta's in my Dr. Bass RX310. Here's the whole story from this thread earlier today.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1780646

Anyway, I open the Delta box and it's a Delta 10A. This is an 8 ohm driver which will not work in the 3x10 setup to give you a 4 ohm load. Marc was supposed to send my a Delta 10B, the 16 ohm version. I am now fit to be tied. I put all of the original Beta's back in and was going to send the whole thing back to Marc and tell him to give me a refund. I plugged it in to my head just to make sure that it works and I couldn't believe it.......it sounds fine.....no buzz. Now the drivers are probably in different holes and maybe different angles of rotation but I wouldn't think that would make a difference. But I put it through the paces and it sounds great. Go figure.

Did I mention that it sounds great??
:thu:

Isn't the hole spacing in the drivers standard?

Or did I just get lucky?

When I bought Eminence Deltalite 2515 drivers to replace my Black Widows, they lined up perfectly.

No problems after roughly 2 years?

• Members
Hey, when the hell did you get a Bag End 2x10?
:confused:

I bought that about a year ago to leave at our drummers house for practice. It sounds nice with the GK700RBII. IIRC it is a D10D....the one without the horn. But it's time is up. I'll probably throw it on MilwRocks and Craigslist first.

• Members

Do the speaker connections from Dr. Bass come with the connectors soldered to the posts? Did the plate the connectors attach to swivel excessively? Might it have been the wires from the plate to the coil been touching anything i.e. the cone? It's a good idea to solder the connectors to the posts in any event. Glad it's remedied. Golldamned gremlins anyway....

Archived