No more racks

D Aussie

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:wave:
Still gigging with my rack setup, still sounds killer...earlier this year I decided to sell it and get just a high-power head setup, like an SWR SM900 or something along those lines, but found absolutely no market for the stuff I have in this rack that I've found works so well together..and the Carvin DCM1000 is definitely not a good choice for a gigging bass player....good power there, but clips 'WAY too early if you are running a lot of bottom end into it, like I like to do...it works for me because I know its shortcomings and none of the gigs I do require anywhere near its peak output, so I can run it with lots of headroom and it doesn't clip...anyway, I continue to use it, and it works well for me...
rackzo5.jpg

• Members

I try to keep it simple and portable. I do have my 2-space head in a 2-space rack bag though. I sit an Alesis Nanocompressor and pedal-type X2 wireless on top, and a Strobostomp on the floor. That's it. I use two 2x10 cabs, one for small gigs, both for everything else.

• Members

Current rig attached.

Sometimes I add an effects processor. Also been thinking about getting an EQ. Don't want more than that. It already sounds very good.

Plus if I really need the juice, I can chain up a QSC RMX 1450 after the Genz. :cool: But I like not humping that extra weight around for practice purposes.

• Members
I gig and couldnt be happier with having/using my bass ---> Boss TU2 ---> GBE600 ---> Bag End cube(s) setup. I can carry the GBE600 in its "EZ sleeve" with one hand, a single Bag End cube with my other hand, and my backpack filled with cables, TU2, and other accessories on my back.

To each their own, I suppose.
:idk:

Yup - for me, its: bass-> TU2-> JDI MK3-> FOH, and Mark VI into one or two cabs, depending on situation... works just fine...

- georgestrings

• Members

I gig and couldnt be happier with having/using my bass ---> Boss TU2 ---> GBE600 ---> Bag End cube(s) setup. I can carry the GBE600 in its "EZ sleeve" with one hand, a single Bag End cube with my other hand, and my backpack filled with cables, TU2, and other accessories on my back.

If you would . . . what is a Bag End cube? :confused:

• Members

I don't want a big rack. those are huge and annoying. All I want is a stompbox preamp like a SansAmp, a rack power conditioner and a
heavily
overbuilt monoblock rackmount MOSFET power amp with a massive fully regulated power supply for the output transistors and possibly a tube front end. You can't really buy an amp like that so I'd have to DIY it, which I presently am not able to. One day though.

What happened to all tube?

• Members

I do think it saves some beating on the gear when loading in and out to have a sensible compact rack rig. Mine is all in a 4U, and while the amp is way more power than I need, I actually use one of the channels for the PA rig's subwoofers. I like smaller, modular cabinets. I guess aside from the extra amp weight I'm not hauling much more than a compact head & cabinet would be.

Archived