Looking for a new bass amp...

Derek5272

• Members

Yeah... To get my door to open noticeably more than it does right now, I think I'm looking at a Traynor/Yorkville XM200C or XM200CT, or a GK Backline 210 on its side.

Backline does nothing for me, personally...but you can't really go wrong with the Yorkville stuff. If you want something to keep up in a rock band-type setting, get at least a 15" driver with at least 100W. Otherwise, I'd go with a nice combo with a 12" driver.

• Members

For starters, it's far too large for my no-car situation. Also, one of the speakers blew a couple days ago and the other's not far behind.

Ya know...most guys blow speakers from driving their amp too hard. That the case?

I've got a 69lb Ashdown combo (that my daughter is using) and a GK/ DR. Bass head/cab setup. Between those the head/cab setup is MUCH easier to haul around.

If that head has enough power, I would consider looking for a lightweight cab to pair it with.

• Members

200 watts and 57 lbs. Should be within your budget:

that's what I have and it rocks. I use my combo at the guitards practice space and my big amp and cabs at mine. So when I heard he bough an Ampeg 350 something or other and an Ampeg 2x12 cab I was pumped to see how it matched against my Yorkville. Well let me tell you, the Yorkville murdered it. It's louder, sounds better and is a {censored} ton easier to move around.

Archived