Gigs this weekend?(apologies to MrMatt)

82Daion

• Members

I'm playing with the Ohio University Jazz Band tomorrow night.

The gig is in Athens, Ohio at the Templeton-Blackburn Memorial Auditorium at 7PM, and is free. The venue is right on the OU campus.

I doubt anyone will be in that neck of the woods, but if you are, shoot me a PM, and I'll give you the details.

Anyone else gigging this weekend?

• Members

Working nights again for my day job, my main band had to cancel 2 gigs, one Friday night and one Saturday night...fortunately we have a great rapport with a lot of local bands and get to pick and chose as to who we give the gigs to...

Next weekend, though I'm playing an acoustic gig Saturday afternoon, then an electric gig Saturday night...

edit: Why the apologies to MrMatt?

• Members

Stafford Gatehouse Theatre on Friday, Assembly Rooms in Derby on Saturday. Looking forward to it, especially as we had a weekend off last weekend. Not looking forward to taking my flightcased Corvette on the train though; need to reunite it with its gigbag ASAP!

• Members

Wouldn't the flightcase be better than the gig bag?

I take my basses on the train and bus all the time in their flightcases. No problem
:)

Oh yeah, I've no gigs.....EVER
:cry:

Oh it's very well protected, just an absolute bitch to carry! Flightcase is overkill for trains, at least over here, where I can get it on an overhead luggage rack out of the way of clumsy people.

• Members

Oh it's very well protected, just an absolute bitch to carry! Flightcase is overkill for trains, at least over here, where I can get it on an overhead luggage rack out of the way of clumsy people.

Not much different over here in Ireland. The cases are heavy but I prefer them, I usually just stand with it. Much easier. I used to bring my gig bag and was sitting down one day with it in front of me inbetween my legs (so it wouldnt get in anyones way) some b*tch sitting in the seat opposite thought it'd be a good idea to use it as a handle to get up!! :mad:

Damn I felt like ripping her a new one! :mad:

• Members

Playing a private, Halloween party for a bunch of professionals, in full costume. Many of those guys have "trophy" wives who are smokin'. I hope some of the same costumes show us as last year!
:love:

Don't you love it when they reveal their inner whore on Halloween?

• Members

Switching camps this weekend. I'm going to sub on lead guitar for a friend's "garage band" that's doing a halloween party. Had to learn some songs I wouldn't normally even listen to, so it is already a positive experience. Plus, it is a "home crowd" so there is absolutely no pressure.

Archived