I want a 3 tone sunburst with blocks...

REMUS

• Members

a141_1.JPG

But I don't really want...

7b92_12.JPG

...A MIJ '75 re-issue.

I'm on the verge of buying a Lakland DJ4 anyway, so I looked into getting the body refinished with the 3 tone... the quote I got was for silly money, more than the bass is actually going to cost :freak:

Is custom my only option here?

• Members

I received your PMs. I will total up some parts and see what it looks like. (Looks like right around $1,000 or a little less.) I'll start practicing my signature for the headstock.
:thu:

Awesome, let me know whan you have a price and of course I will at least tip you for your work if we go ahead with this project man!

+ thank you for chooseing parts for me, I don't know my ass from my elbow when it comes to this type of thing, never really been to interested in modifying or building instruments myself due to my inherent hatred/fear of working on electronics :mad::p:D

• Moderators

No, I *just* want a 3 tone, rosewood fret board, black pick guard, pearl blocks and white side banding.

:thu:

We can take this offline if you'd like, but I figured I might as well post here.

These are the choices I'd make, you edit where you desire:

That looks to be coming in right at $1,100. Cost savings can be had, but unless you or others have suggestions, I'm tempted to say this is about as nice and streamline as I'd want to go.

So, what do you think?

• Members

I don't like that three tone sunburst, it might just be me, but it seems to have an almost complete abscense of yellow? $1,100 would have to wait for a month due to my imminante purchase of the Lakland Daryll Jones :( / :)

Would it be an incredibly bad idea to put a 75 3 bolt re-issue neck and bolt it onto a 62 reissue body?

It's just there are both of these items on ebay.com at the moment, in the style that I want....

Archived