Yet another ASAT thread...

Thunderbroom

• Members

naturalASAT.jpg

He's asking for $750 shipped, but seems to be open to negotiation. I've got the cash but am thinking that I can get him a bit lower. I've been pushing the "pimped" look, but I've always love the look of natural finishes ever since I played a natural jazz bass the very first time I performed in public.

This is an older model with the three bolt neck. The newer ones I believe are six.

Decisions. Decisions. Decisions.

• Members

I'm thinking of this final G&L layout:

ASAT: Tuned BEAD

L-2500 Trib: Tuned BEADG

L-2000: Tuned EADG

I'm actually thinking of selling the L-2000 and getting maybe an SB-2.

The L2K is way more versatile but the SB2 has some serious mojo going on. If you do get an SB2 I would say try to find an older one and try to find one ith the tone modification already done...although you could have Kindness do it fairly quickly I would imagine.

Dan

• Moderators

I'm thinking of this final G&L layout:

ASAT: Tuned BEAD

L-2500 Trib: Tuned BEADG

L-2000: Tuned EADG

I'm actually thinking of selling the L-2000 and getting maybe an SB-2.

The SB-2 would work fine for you, but since you have an L-2000 you like and an L-2500 you like, perhaps there is something about the pickup/preamp config that you like? Regarding your posting in the other thread, maybe the ASAT is the way to go and not the SB-2 , simply because the tonal variety on the L's and ASATs are greater. You also aren't a fan of pick guards, IIRC.

• Members

The SB-2 would work fine for you, but since you have an L-2000 you like and an L-2500 you like, perhaps there is something about the pickup/preamp config that you like? Regarding your posting in the other thread, maybe the ASAT is the way to go and not the SB-2 , simply because the tonal variety on the L's and ASATs are greater. You also aren't a fan of pick guards, IIRC.

I think you're right.

:)

• Members

The guy that owns the bass in the orginal post isn't budging. We're only $25 apart. If he drops the price, I'll likely get it it. It seems neither of us is really willing to deal.

I'm now looking at this one:

6775_1.JPG

From the description: "light blue finish with with cream binding and matching headstock was a custom color made for a NAMM show, and may be one of a kind"

• Members

The guy that owns the bass in the orginal post isn't budging. We're only $25 apart. If he drops the price, I'll likely get it it. It seems neither of us is really willing to deal.

6775_1.JPG
From the description: "light blue finish with with cream binding and matching headstock was a custom color made for a NAMM show, and may be one of a kind"

oooh that's sweet !!!! Do it Do it !!!!

• Members

the blue one doesn't float my boat, but to each his own. i did like the orangey one you posted a few days ago.

the natural one, however, is a beauty. (i nearly bought a L-2500 in that finish and neck arrangement) if it was me, and i really wanted that bass, i wouldn't want to lose the deal over $25.

• Members

6775_1.JPG

Good God, get that. :eek:

Archived