Best "mixer" for solo practice?

BeeTL

• Members

I'd like to get a mixer to facilitate practice using headphones.

I'd like to hear my vocals, .mp3 tracks, and the bass.

I'm wondering about getting a traditional mixer like a Mackie 1404 or an "effects" mixer, headphone mixer, etc...

By the way, at some point I may be working on a solo acoustic guitar act, so keep that im mind.

Discuss...

Edit:

I hate that we can't edit titles...

:mad:

• Members

Yamaha MG and Behringer Eurorack series are my faves for good inexpensive mixers. Suggests get a 10 ch or bigger one. This allows for up to five stereo lines. As in bass. + drum machine. + outside source such as cd, keyboard, mp3 player, or radio. And couple Mic's or a sampler.

• Members

Yamaha MG and Behringer Eurorack series are my faves for good inexpensive mixers.

+1 on the Eurorack, haven't used the Yamaha but I've heard great things about them. I'm currently using a Mackie 1202, sold a Eurorack to a forumite and frankly, I really preferred the Behringer over the 1202. It had a 3 band eq, was really small and dead quiet. Think I paid $49 for it brand new too.

• Members

+1 on the Eurorack, haven't used the Yamaha but I've heard great things about them. I'm currently using a Mackie 1202, sold a Eurorack to a forumite and frankly, I really preferred the Behringer over the 1202. It had a 3 band eq, was really small and dead quiet. Think I paid $49 for it brand new too.

I saw the other day in a MF catalogue the Behringer UB1202 is 70 bucks thats a pretty good deal for a 6 channell mixer

it has 4 lxr ins plus two mono/ stereo inputs.:thu:

• Members

The Tapco 260 FX looks intriguing.

I have a $100 credit at MF, and another retailer shows it for $190, so $90 to me with the credit and price match...

Bargain.

That may well be all the mixer you ever need unless you start running a whole band.

• Members

Pulled the trigger, it's supposed to be off backorder on the 7th.

For $190, it can't be beat, at least on paper. Also, I kind of like the "idea" of the Tapco brand.

I'm getting the idea this may be a "new to the market" item.

By the way, editing the title at the user level only changes it on Post #1, not at the "Forum" level...:freak:

Archived