Here's an example of bad customer service... (JimsGuitars.com)

der oxenrig

• Members

I have yet to be able to get it to grunt without running out of steam, but I have yet to play it with any other speakers and it might be the Orange Cab it is paired with. Also, as you know, the bass audition room is not the best room to audition a bass amp.

Right.

IME, the Orange cabs suck-you should try it through the Acmes or some other decent cab. Through a Bergantino, the thing sounds pretty darn good.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This reminds me of why I LOVE my local store. I walk in, he knows me by name, knows exactly what instrument I'm going to pick up when I see it (yeah, he knows the instruments I'm a sucker for) and just chit chats. Really nice guy. I buy all my electronics from there, as well as straps and little stuff. He can't afford to keep any basses in stock anymore, as they don't sell around here, but occasionally he has used stuff on consignment that is pretty cool. I don't even have to ask to play anything anymore, which is cool...and I've occasionally actually watched the store for him...:thu:

• Members

I walked into an independent local music store here to purchase a new mixing board and power amp for our PA and maybe a few other odds and ends. I had my checkbook in my pocket and ready to spend $1200 to $1500 on the spot, maybe more. I walked past all of the kids sqealing on their guitars and headed straight for the PA section. I knew the prices were higher than I could get them online, but I figured I'd spend an extra hundred or two just to be a good citizen. I stood there for a few minutes and no-one even looked my way. I went to one of the guys working there and told them I'd like to buy some stuff and he told me that one of the other guys will be with me shortly. I went to the counter a few minutes later and the guy actually saw me, turned his back, walked over some other kids and started chatting with them. I told them to F-Off and walked out of the store.

I noticed on the way out that I was the only guy in there that didn't weigh less 175lbs, have piercings all over, or have long hair. I guess I got profiled because I didn't look like a musician. Unfortunately, I now only buy online or thru GC.

• Members

Walked into GC friday with $2500 in my pocket. Left with $1956.72! They no longer stock anything I was looking for and couldn't give me a price on what I wanted to "Special Order". They have cut almost all Artist series GK gear from stock, no preamps are stocked period, no MIA fenders in stock etc. They did cut me a deal on a lovely new made in china QSCRMX2450. Still feel like I need a shower.

• Members

Theres a store here in the Bay area that I reluctantly wander into every couple of years or so. They have this one little pesky nerdy arrogant a-hole that tries to argue with me about ALL things musical and dealing with basses guitar, whatever. It doesnt matter what I say, he dissagrees and tries to pedal his subpar garbage as superior. Hes always there, he doesnt remember me from Adam, but he is the same little cocky condescending di23head EVERY time I go in there. I do go there from time to time because the owner tends to keep a few really nice vintage instruments that I like. The owner is never there and if he was, I would tell him that I would NEVER buy anything from that salesguy EVER. It has to be hurting his business as Ive never met anyone who has been there who disagrees with me.

Anyway, the Place is Called Stevie B's if you are ever in the area and wondering. I definitely do NOT reccomend going in there.

I also ALWAYS give credit to people and stores that I have good experiences with. STEVIE B'S SUCKS. And Steve can blame it on his jerk-off of a sales guy.

• Members

I live in a pretty small town with only 2 music stores. One is owned by some jerk

that wont let you try a guitar over 600$ unless you are sure you will buy it. And anytime i have mentioned fender or yorkville, or just anything he doesn't sell he will start telling you how its crap and i should buy a ibanez bass amp.

Exactly 1 block away is the other music store, i know the technician there (bassist) because he use to play with all my friends parents (im the only one not in a musical family) and i also know the main salesman, who will chat with me let me try guitars that cost 4000$ and all he ever asks is that i make sure i don't get my buckle on it.

Bassically the way you will sell your goods is by being a overall nice person, and in my town it shoes easily

• Members

that is literally the dumbest {censored} i have ever seen.

If i walked into a store and sawthat,i would mock them.

he'd have better luck selling the neck for $500 on eBay and throwing the body away.

+1

When I was having problems with my Traynor I called the company and they told me that I needed to take it to a local dealer. Well the only local dealer is BCR music (http://www.bcrmusic.com)

No biggie, I've dealt with them before and never had a problem. Besides I know the one sales guy in there and he seems like an alright guy.

Well I took it in and they told me that the owner (who also does the repairs) will be on vacation for a week and he'll take a look at it when he gets back. Ok no big deal.

I wait a week and some change and give them a call to see what's going on, well he hasn't gotten around to it yet. I'm annoyed but I have a back up amp so it's more annoying than anything.

Another week goes by and I call again..... the owner can't fix it and needs to send it back to Traynor, do I have the original box for them to send it back in? So I swing by there and drop off the box.

About 4 days later the amp arrives at my home...hmmm that's strange. I don't understand how it could have gone from Harrisburg, to New York, to Canada and back to Harrisburg in about 4 days but whatever.

I hook it up and it's still {censored}ed up.

So i take it back to BCR music (http://www.bcrmusic.com) in Lemoyne PA to find out what the {censored} is going on. The owners wife was the only one there and I explain to her that the store, BCR music (http://www.bcrmusic.com) music have put the wrong label on the box and it was sent directly to me instead of to Traynor. Well she does everything but call me a liar. "We would never do that, it couldn't of been us".... blah blah blah. She then says "You know what....we're washing out hands of this because you didn't buy the amp here." I exaplain to her, not that I should have to, that I was told by Traynor that they, BCR music of Lemoyne PA (http://www.bcrmusic.com) as one of the distributors is SUPPOSED to take care of this for me.

Again I get the washing our hands comment.

The only thing that she did so was call Traynor for me and get a work order number so that when I ship the amp out it will get worked on.

Well after that experience I make it a point to let everyone in the area know that BCR music of Lemoyne PA (http://www.bcrmusic.com) is a {censored}ty store and they can go {censored} themselves for the crap they pulled on me.

Oh and it turns out that all I needed was my power tubes replaced. Now is someone who is supposed to know how to fix amp can't figure that out then I don't think I want them touching any of my {censored}.

BCR music

http://www.bcrmusic.com

• Members

+1

When I was having problems with my Traynor I called the company and they told me that I needed to take it to a local dealer. Well the only local dealer is BCR music (
)

No biggie, I've dealt with them before and never had a problem. Besides I know the one sales guy in there and he seems like an alright guy.

Well I took it in and they told me that the owner (who also does the repairs) will be on vacation for a week and he'll take a look at it when he gets back. Ok no big deal.

I wait a week and some change and give them a call to see what's going on, well he hasn't gotten around to it yet. I'm annoyed but I have a back up amp so it's more annoying than anything.

Another week goes by and I call again..... the owner can't fix it and needs to send it back to Traynor, do I have the original box for them to send it back in? So I swing by there and drop off the box.

About 4 days later the amp arrives at my home...hmmm that's strange. I don't understand how it could have gone from Harrisburg, to New York, to Canada and back to Harrisburg in about 4 days but whatever.

I hook it up and it's still {censored}ed up.

So i take it back to BCR music (
) in Lemoyne PA to find out what the {censored} is going on. The owners wife was the only one there and I explain to her that the store, BCR music (
) music have put the wrong label on the box and it was sent directly to me instead of to Traynor. Well she does everything but call me a liar. "We would never do that, it couldn't of been us".... blah blah blah. She then says "You know what....we're washing out hands of this because you didn't buy the amp here." I exaplain to her, not that I should have to, that I was told by Traynor that they, BCR music of Lemoyne PA (
) as one of the distributors is SUPPOSED to take care of this for me.

Again I get the washing our hands comment.

The only thing that she did so was call Traynor for me and get a work order number so that when
I
ship the amp out it will get worked on.

Well after that experience I make it a point to let everyone in the area know that BCR music of Lemoyne PA (
) is a {censored}ty store and they can go {censored} themselves for the crap they pulled on me.

Oh and it turns out that all I needed was my power tubes replaced. Now is someone who is supposed to know how to fix amp can't figure that out then I don't think I want them touching any of my {censored}.

BCR music

Uh, what's the name of the company again? :poke:

• Members

we have a regular jam session with the instruments hanging on the wall at the music store I shop at. The store owner and his staff actually encourages people to pick them up and play them.

and I am there every week to take my son to guitar lessons

their slogan is... The Sound post, we're the real Musicians Friend.:thu:

aka www.I75music.com

• Members

that is literally the dumbest {censored} i have ever seen.

If i walked into a store and sawthat,i would mock them.

he'd have better luck selling the neck for $500 on eBay and throwing the body away.

Wow. I love how the description tries to make it sound like an improvement. What a sad, pathetic butcher job.

Jazz Bass

$1299

Fender

Custom Carved and modified body, Bartolini pickups, wild Pro paint Multicolor purple/silver finish, blocks and binding on a factory maple neck, sounds Great plays like you would expect Cool and Custom

Product Summary...

Year: 1978, Color: Purple, Condition: Excellent, Case: hardshell.

Condition: Excellent???? :freak:

• Members

BCR music. They are in Lemoyne, Pennsylvania. Here is the website if you'd like to check it out

Wow, if I were you and I got the "washing of hands" bull{censored}, I would have started grabbing things off the counter and throwing them around the store as I walked out. That is complete {censored}headedness on their part, and they deserve at least a little in return. If some ass{censored} couldn't be bothered to check the power tubes, yet claims to repair equipment on behalf of the company, he should be driven out of business for such spectacular incompetence.

• Members

I was at a guitar shop in Williamsburg, VA recently that had little clips on the strings of every guitar that said, "Ask Before Playing"

The owner followed me around the whole time. He made grunty noises of displeasure when I went into the "rare guitar" room. When I left that room, he locked it behind us.

Maybe some of these Mom and Pop stores we romanticize should go out of business...

Curse Guitar Center all you want, but it's their store policy to let anyone play any instrument they wish. That's how you sell guitars and equipment, they know it, and they sell 'em by the truckload to kids who save up for months, going into GC several times a week to feed the need and keep themselves on the hook.

• Members

My local Music-Go-Round is almost as bad, as well. Luckily, they mostly have just crap, so I almost never go in there, unless I'm stranded in the area, and have
nothing
to do.

I find Music-Go-Rounds to be hit or miss for the most part. A lot of them are independently owned franchises (isn't that kind of an oxymoron?) so each pretty much runs their business how they want. Unlike Guitar Centers which all stock the same stuff, each MGR store can be a dealer of different manufacturers. Some of them suck really bad, but others can be pretty cool, especially if they get a lot of used gear moving through the store. We've got a handful of them in the Twin Cities, all of which carry different product lines and have different pricing policies.

I actually got a killer deal at on MGR. They sold me an old pair of EV FM-1202 monitor wedges for $190. :eek: Heck, I could strip the components out and make twice that money selling them on eBay if I wanted to.

• Members

Been in both Jims and the afore mentioned Stevie Bs. Jims is sort of a "if its not vintage, its shiat" store, much like Guitar Exchange down the street. I had a buddy who (ill advisedly) bought a MIM P and a small orange amp from Jims a few years back. When he realized he was overextended, he took it back, the next day, and the guy gave him 70% on return. Ok, I guess thats not as generous as GC, but small shop, etc. Then I got in a couple days later and he has the same bass on the wall as new for full price. Never gone in again.

Stevie Bs on the other hand, I had great experiences with, mostly cuz I have an older buddy who goes in and drops mad cash, so I'm cool by association. Their tech apparently builds his own basses, but I've seen pics, and they look about a 1/2 step up from a wishbass. Euugh.

Best non-chain store I've ever been in in Dave's Guitars in Lacrosse, WI. Great store. Still have daydreams about the G&L ASAT BLuesboy I played there. Sigh... :)

Archived