Need Help want to add 1-15 to 4-10!

KimmyT

• Members

I currently have a Ampeg 410HLF cab (4 ohm) with a Traynor YBA200 AMP and want to add the Ampeg SVT-15E (8 ohm) my question is the Traynor manual says as long as the cabs aren't lower then 2 ohms I can use the amp switched to 4 or 8 which ever sounds better. Here is my question, as I never have really understood the whole ohm thing. If I ran these cabs together would they sound OK, would one suck more power then the other and sound louder? Ampeg only makes a 8 ohm 1-15.

Thanks for your help!

• Members

See if you can't find a used one, then order a 4-ohm 15" direct from Ampeg.

Ampeg doesn't make one. That's the problem!

If you're interested, I've got a SVT-15E just like you're looking for that I want to get rid of. It's in great shape...like brand new. PM me if you're interested...

• Members

Ampeg doesn't make one. That's the problem!

If you're interested, I've got a SVT-15E just like you're looking for that I want to get rid of. It's in great shape...like brand new. PM me if you're interested...

OT: Did you get my pm?

• Members

You are right there, I like the output and it does get real low. However I wanted to be able to add a 15 for some extra low but also to use for smaller gigs and easier to transport. Plus I like to buy gear!

You might want to consider getting a second amp and run stereo. Like that 220 watt Ampeg with the 15" + tweeter. That would just Peel the Paint and give you tons of flexibility. :love:

Archived