OT: Colts vs. Pats

Captain Fathead

• Members

The Colts have played a stronger schedule thus far, and the reason Brady is throwing so many TD's is because their running game isn't back up to par yet. When you have a RB that produces like Addai, you don't have to throw 4-5 TD's a game, but you're fooling yourself if you don't think Peyton could, and more.

Pats look good, but the Colts have too. Dead even. And all this talk about NE being the "greatest team ever", like that ass pirate Cris Collinsworth is so much BS it's sickening. USC thought they were the "greatest team ever" and got beat at home by Texas. We're not even halfway through the season, so eat it NE fan. You still have a Super Bowl to get to, much less win. Moss comes down on an ankle wrong in the 4th quarter running up the score, you have a whole new game plan.

I'll take Indy by 3.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Manning is the only one worthy of being in the conversation about Brady.

remember, Brady was within one dropped pass last year of beating the Colts. and who was that spectacular receiver? - one Reche 'I can't even get on the field with the Redskins' Caldwell.

this is the first season Brady has had a receiving corps the likes of what Manning has had for his career.

the Colts defense? - bwahahahahahaha. puhleeeeeeze.

i'll be in front of the TV on sunday. should be a great game.

• Members
I had my blowouts confused.
:freak:

This area is split between Panthers and Redskins fans just about evenly. Yesterday was tough indeed.

Hey, at least the Colts were classy enough to pull their starters when they got a lead. Belichick leaves brady in to humiliate the redskins. that wasn't very nice. :cop:

• Members

this is the first season Brady has had a receiving corps the likes of what Manning has had for his career.

I disagree, Brady has had good receivers before and he's had a pretty good run with them. Brady now has two (arguably), marque receivers that have proven themselves on other teams. Conversely, look at Harrison's numbers before Manning, not exactly earth shaking. IMO, if you put Harrison or Wayne on other teams, they'd be average receivers. Manning worked with and developed Manning, Wayne and Clark, making them what they are today -- not the other way around.

• Members
Hey, at least the Colts were classy enough to pull their starters when they got a lead. Belichick leaves brady in to humiliate the redskins. that wasn't very nice.
:cop:

I saw that. Why would he want to do that?

I realize that in the NFL, running the score up isn't frowned upon as much as in some other sports, but why leave Brady in there? In football, your career can end due to injury at any time.

• Members

I saw that. Why would he want to do that?

I realize that in the NFL, running the score up isn't frowned upon as much as in some other sports, but why leave Brady in there? In football, your career can end due to injury
at any time

My buddy & I were wondering why Brady was in the game at all after the 3rd quarter yesterday for exactly the same reason. Would hate to see Brady go out for the rest of the season by an injury caused after it was pointless for him to remain in the game.

• Members

Marvin Harrison > all past Pats receivers of the Brady era ('ceptin maybe the current #81)

who are these two 'marquee receivers' of whom you speak?

I don't think that Harrison would own on another team. His stats before Manning are good, but they're great with him. And, remember that I said, arguably -- Stallworth and Moss. Both would be first receivers on any other team in the NFL.

• Members

i think Belichek is making a statement (right or wrong) about all the crap/disrespect that was slung at him (and his teams) regarding the videoing of the Jets signals.

he could be saying 'do you really think i needed that to win. i'll show you how to win a football game.'

it's curious and fascinating. it's just not something that's done in the NFL, and he's doing it.

• Members

I don't think that Harrison would own on another team. His stats before Manning are good, but they're great with him. And, remember that I said, arguably -- Stallworth and Moss. Both would be first receivers on any other team in the NFL.

i agree about MH. put him on the Bears and Rex Grossman doesn't help Harrison, but put him on, let's say the Chargers, and he still excels. put him with Brady and he excels.

i get what you're saying. this is the first year that Brady has had receivers comparable to Mannings. but Brady has had maybe a couple of good receivers before (Brown and Branch) and a bunch of adequate other guys.

• Members
both, actually. it's inexplicable. but as the home team, i can't be unhappy with the reults.

I can totally understand that. The Pats are badass, nobody can deny that. It'll be really interesting to watch them this week, if I get the game. Hopefully they'll flex the game and play it on Sunday night. I think that the Colts have the best D and O that the Pats have faced. Should be fun. Go Colts! :lol::wave:

And yes, I like the Colts. Always have.

• Members

CRAP!! I and all the Houston HCBF-ites won't be able to see that game -- we get to watch the Texans lose their ass again. DAMN!

Not to worry, they're playing the Raiders and Josh McCown will be at the helm. Texans should win 13-10 with a last minute touchdown just after the Raiders have taken the lead for the first time in the game.

• Members

Peyton and company are good, but the Patriots defense
can
stop them. And no one has stopped the Patriots offense this year.

The Colts need guys to step up and make big plays to win. The Patriots only need to do what they've done every other week this year.

and look at who they've played. ridiculously easy schedule so far other than dallas who had their butts handed to them by the bills.

the colts are #1 against the pass, AND have a running game while the pats have no running game.

I think it'l be a good game but the colts will prevail, especially them playing in indy.

• Members
The Colts have played a stronger schedule thus far, and the reason Brady is throwing so many TD's is because their running game isn't back up to par yet. When you have a RB that produces like Addai, you don't have to throw 4-5 TD's a game, but you're fooling yourself if you don't think Peyton could, and more.

Pats look good, but the Colts have too. Dead even. And all this talk about NE being the "greatest team ever", like that ass pirate Cris Collinsworth is so much BS it's sickening. USC thought they were the "greatest team ever" and got beat at home by Texas. We're not even halfway through the season, so eat it NE fan. You still have a Super Bowl to get to, much less win. Moss comes down on an ankle wrong in the 4th quarter running up the score, you have a whole new game plan.

I'll take Indy by 3.

Damn RSB. How do you actually say stuff like this with Mannings cock so far down your throat? :D:D:D:D

all you Pats haters are gonna turn me into a Pats fan.

And I'll take that bet. How much?

Archived