Sign in to follow this  
zzzxtreme

I have four AT2020, should I sell one ?

Hi guys, I have four AT2020 mics now, 2 for drum overheads, one for kicks (in combination with a dynamic kick mic). Thinking of selling one, but would using four AT2020 be useful for drums recording ? What would you do ? place the fourth at2020 at the side of the snare or something?

sorry for asking so many questions. I've already sold my two PG81 for a good price. And there are interests for my Shure PG52 kick mic and my AT2020. Maybe sell both and get a fantastic kick mic ? PG52 is horrible for kicks

thanks guys. the ATM-25 looks good and I already have an SM57 and some PG56s. ATM-25 are about $100 pricier than most "popular" kick mics though, the extra $100 is worth in your opinion?

thanks again, appreciate it

You need one AT2020 more, then you can record the room also in stereo. Single channel room ambience sounds somewhat 0.5 dimensional. From then on your drum tracks should sound not too bad.

I don't see why any other microphone in that price range should sound better. the AR2020 seems to be a good studio mic, should be good enough for anything.

And the differences to a $15'000 microphone can only be heard by people who work with that every day, in other words, the differences are relatively minimal.