New gear woes... (LittleMark250)

Bill Carr

• Members

So, this weekend I finally got an opportunity to try out my brand new LittleMark two-fiddy. I connected it to the 4x10 cabinet with eager anticipation (I love new gear as much as the next guy!), plugged it in to the mains, switched it on. Its power light flickered, then went out almost instantly.

Shee-it thinks I. Maybe the lead has just blown a fuse? So I try a different lead. And nada. Not a thing. Great. I've experienced less than one second of new amp joy (and not even played through it yet!). :cry:

Is this some sort of record for short-livedness of new gear?

• Members

finally, someone with negative markbass experience!

really. they must make really good gear for all these people to pick up on the flavor of the month, but then never have failures. (hopefully the "flavor of the month" isn't read as a swipe against MB, but rather just an observation that they are extremely popular with the internet gear whores.)

robb.

• Members

Last night I tried another power lead = no joy. But there is a fuse in the unit itself, below the power socket, and I replaced this fuse (oddly marked 240v - a new one on me) with the spare which had thoughtfully been provided. But still nothing. Not even a flicker of the power light.

What makes it worse is that the 3 guitards I play with all have shiny new amps! Bah, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

So, this weekend I finally got an opportunity to try out my brand new LittleMark two-fiddy. I connected it to the 4x10 cabinet with eager anticipation (I love new gear as much as the next guy!), plugged it in to the mains, switched it on. Its power light flickered, then went out almost instantly.

Shee-it thinks I. Maybe the lead has just blown a fuse? So I try a different lead. And nada. Not a thing. Great. I've experienced less than one second of new amp joy (and not even played through it yet!).
:cry:

Hi Bill,

I'm not a tech myself, and also don't have all the details of what other gear you were using, etc, so I'm not going to speculate on what went wrong.

But it sounds like your amp does need servicing, unfortunately.

It will be covered under warranty, so just take it in.

If you have any problems getting service, please send me a PM here and I'll make sure you get taken care of promptly.

Best,

Peter

• Members

Hi Bill,

I'm not a tech myself, and also don't have all the details of what other gear you were using, etc, so I'm not going to speculate on what went wrong.

But it sounds like your amp does need servicing, unfortunately.

It will be covered under warranty, so just take it in.

If you have any problems getting service, please send me a PM here and I'll make sure you get taken care of promptly.

Best,

Peter

Dammit!

Your superb-natured customer service ain't helping my GAS one damn bit!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

;)

• Moderators

We love you all!

It's the Italian way!
:love:

Mind you, I'm Canadian... but you know how polite us Canadians are!
;)

Peter

Hey Peter, I asked you a question a while back about the output transformer in your all tube head and you told me you'd get back to me after checking with the technical guys. :poke: If you don't recall the question I'll go back and look it up, but it had to do with why you have varying listed output specs for your amp when most amps with an output transformer deliver full power into all rated impedances.

• Members

Hey Peter, I asked you a question a while back about the output transformer in your all tube head and you told me you'd get back to me after checking with the technical guys. :poke: If you don't recall the question I'll go back and look it up, but it had to do with why you have varying listed output specs for your amp when most amps with an output transformer deliver full power into all rated impedances.

Oh yeah... sorry about that. I did send that on and never got a response from our engineers. Please PM me your question -- and include your email address -- and I will make sure it gets answered!

Thanks,

Peter

• Moderators

Oh yeah... sorry about that. I did send that on and never got a response from our engineers. Please PM me your question -- and include your email address -- and I will make sure it gets answered!

Thanks,

Peter

It wasn't that big of a deal in the first place, just a technical question of interest from a technically minded fan of your gear. If I get the bug, I'll look up the question, but otherwise, consider it a closed issue. :)

• Members

Interesting, I didn't expect to see this thread bumped but it's timing has been impeccable! I hadn't posted any updates to the forum as I wanted to get things resolved without posting messages that made it look like I was washing dirty laundry in public.

Peter, thanks for your PM with the details of the UK distributor, Proel. I contacted them but after 3-4 phonecalls back and forth, they said they couldn't do anything to help me.

However, the warranty situation is complicated because I bought the amp from a shop in Austria. They were selling them at a very good price, and as they are within the EU I would not have to pay any import duties, so I was looking to save a not insignificant

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Shee-it thinks I. Maybe the lead has just blown a fuse? So I try a different lead. And nada. Not a thing. Great. I've experienced less than one second of new amp joy (and not even played through it yet!).
:cry:

If it was made for europe it might be different volts. Just a thought.

Archived