Fender Japan

seraphim7s

• Members

Where to get hold of these things?! :confused:

For those of you who don't know, my bass (in sig) was stolen a few weeks ago :cry:

Now I have the money to replace it, but two weeks of searching Ebay and Ishibashi have proven utterly fruitless, and I'm beginning to despair a little tbh. Anyone have any leads?

[NB Please bear in mind I AM BASED IN THE UK NOT IN THE US]

• Members

There are loads of Japanese Fenders at Ishibashi. Have you sendt them a mail inquiring about the kind of bass you are looking for? What specifically are you looking for?

No, man. Unless you equate 'loads' with 'two'. There is a serious dearth atm. And I've contacted them THREE times only to find out the bass in question has been sold already.:cry:

• Members

I've bought two guitars from katana guitars. I know they ship internationally. And, my guitar made it from Tokyo to Chicago in 3 days.

EDIT: I realized Katana doesn't stock many basses, either. Send them an email, though.

Hmmm. The first company don't appear to stock Fender Japan. The second has a teeny tiny inventory. I suppose I could email 'em, tho.

• Members

No, man. Unless you equate 'loads' with 'two'. There is a serious dearth atm. And I've contacted them THREE times only to find out the bass in question has been sold already.
:cry:

Are you looking at the webshop itself or the list of used basses?

• Members

Used stuff (u-box)

Usually there are about 8 basses to choose from, but recently (just as soon as I need to get one!) the list dries up completely!

Ah. You could contact them about new stuff too. I almost bought the Aerodyne jazz they have (domestic edition with pickguard). They are really nice. I think they carry a very good stock of Fender Japan basses. New ones though, but still cheap.

The Aerodyne would be around

• Members

There's a seller on ebay uk called "allthatguitars" (I think) who I bought my MIJ 62 RI Precision from. He didn't have any stock listed when I looked yesterday, but keep checking as he updates pretty regularly. I was impressed by his service - 10 days delivery from Japan was pretty good I thought, and the bass was immaculate.

• Members

There's a seller on ebay uk called "allthatguitars" (I think) who I bought my MIJ 62 RI Precision from. He didn't have any stock listed when I looked yesterday, but keep checking as he updates pretty regularly. I was impressed by his service - 10 days delivery from Japan was pretty good I thought, and the bass was immaculate.

Hey man - nice choice!!!

Could you rack that brain and think what his name might be? I can't find anything under 'allthatguitars' atm, mate.

• Members

Seriously mate try:
www.guitaremporium.co.uk
they're part of Chas Chandler's Guitar Experience. They get Fender Jap basses in and can get more stuff to order I think.

Would have been investing myself if I hadn't just bought a Warwick...

I know he DOES have a boss range, but it's cheaper to simply order new Fender Japan stuff from Japan and get it shipped in yerself (if you can be bothered with the hassle - you can save about 15-20% off his prices - which isn't to say he doesn't offer a great service, because he does!)

BUT the savings to be made in the 2nd hand market are impressive. And I am interested in the classic MIJ period of 1984-1996 so 2nd hand is the way to go. See the Jazz in my sig? It cost

Archived