Political OT: Ron Paul on Leno Tonight

RSBro

• Members

He seems like one of the few politicians who is actually an honest person. To an outsider like me, anyway

Therefore he doesn't have a chance of winning.

That's the whole point. He definitely isn't mainstream buddy buddy with anyone that I've seen, although he's gaining lots of support, albeit quietly. I'll be recording it for sure.

• Members

He seems like one of the few politicians who is actually an honest person. To an outsider like me, anyway

Therefore he doesn't have a chance of winning.

I saw him. He is at least a little nieve at most wacky. I mainly refer to his view he espoused last night.

• Members

I was really happy to see that Leno didn't try to paint him as a nut. Even Colbert diverted him from his main talking points to issues that sound completely off the wall (would you eliminate the Dept of Education?). Made my conspiracy knee-jerk, that did.

Has he had any other primary media outlet appearances in the last month or two?

• Members

I was really happy to see that Leno didn't try to paint him as a nut. Even Colbert diverted him from his main talking points to issues that sound completely off the wall (would you eliminate the Dept of Education?). Made my conspiracy knee-jerk, that did.

Has he had any other primary media outlet appearances in the last month or two?

Yes

• Members

Just watched it at lunch. Great segment.

Only thing that seemed a little off (well to people who don't understand) is the tax issue. When you realize how little, if any, of the actual "income" tax collected goes towards the things Leno was speaking of, you see it's not that big of a hassle. Thought he handled it with the lobbyist reference well. :)

Good for him. Hope he gets more national appearances like this.

• Members

The leprochaun needs to let his guests answer the questions instead he just likes to hear himself.

Thanks for that link!
:thu:

Bill O'Reily is one of the most arrogant, undereducated, and poor debaters I've ever seen. He never lets his "guests" finish a sentence. And he admonishes them for their answers instead of debates the topic.

Look up the one where Phil Donahue owns him. At one point, Bill throws a tantrum and threatens to throw Donahue off his set mid-debate. You don't do that. That's a 12 year old saying, "It's my house, my toys, my rules." Derrr.

But Bill O's method of debate is this:

Bill: Makes some random inflammatory remark about hot button issue.

Guest: Intelligent counterpoint with fact to back it up ..

Bill: Interrupts mid- sentence and derails with random non-fact

Guest: smiles politely, gets it back together and finishes a rock-solid point.

Bill: Dismisses it in a few quick words as bull{censored}, and then diverts the topic before the guest can make any rebuttal at all.

• Moderators
Bill O'Reily is one of the most arrogant, undereducated, and poor debaters I've ever seen. He never lets his "guests" finish a sentence. And he admonishes them for their answers instead of debates the topic.

Look up the one where Phil Donahue owns him. At one point, Bill throws a tantrum and threatens to throw Donahue off his set mid-debate. You don't do that. That's a 12 year old saying, "It's my house, my toys, my rules." Derrr.

Bill: Dismisses it in a few quick words as bull{censored}, and then diverts the topic before the guest can make any rebuttal at all.

I don't know what interview you to watched, but it was completely different than the one linked here. O'Reilly's segment wasn't a debate. It was a question and answer session. O'Reilly's bitch with him not directly answering a couple questions he asked was point on. He asked about Iran and instead of answering something about Iran, Paul repsonded with something about Pakistan. O'Reilly cut him off as he should have. Answer the question. It's a major issue that plagues RP at the Republican debates as well. While his answers may ultimately get around to having some relevance to the question, they rarely answer the question directly, as was the case here on O'Reilly. You can think what you want. My wife isn't an O'Reilly fan and saw right through RP's dodging. It would be helpful to Paul if he simplified his responses and answered the questions asked.

• Members

You're right about his antics. He is often times an idiot. However, many of his views and debates are on point, he presentation is ridiculous. It is especially irritating when he professes to speak for the 'folks'. What an arrogant {censored} stick.

However, when it comes to environmental or scientific issues he, like most others in politics and media, are woefully inadequate. So much so they often times embarass themselves.

Donahue is just a flat out moron.

• Members

I don't know what interview you to watched, but it was completely different than the one linked here. O'Reilly's segment wasn't a debate. It was a question and answer session. O'Reilly's bitch with him not directly answering a couple questions he asked was point on. He asked about Iran and instead of answering something about Iran, Paul repsonded with something about Pakistan. O'Reilly cut him off as he should have. Answer the question. It's a major issue that plagues RP at the Republican debates as well. While his answers may ultimately get around to having some relevance to the question, they rarely answer the question directly, as was the case here on O'Reilly. You can think what you want. My wife isn't an O'Reilly fan and saw right through RP's dodging. It would be helpful to Paul if he simplified his responses and answered the questions asked.

Ya it wasn't referencing your link, just BillO in general. He's a tool. He makes up facts, talks out his ass, and has no respect for anyone (especially those who protect his rights.)

He's an imbecile. The world would do better without his nonsensical bull{censored}.

• Members

More like an infinitesimally small number of his views and debates are on point.

But to each their own opinion.

His opinions about the war are really ignorant.

His views on the judicial system are spot on; they're a {censored}ing mess.

His views on child predators are spot on but his answer to the problem is really lame.

Archived