HCBF Calendar?

Super Bass

• Moderators

It seems to me you're going to have to create a judging panel of some kind to choose the pics otherwise you're going to have a calendar with 50 p-basses, 30 Rics and 107 SXes on it.

+1

Or just change the idea to make it a coffee table book. Each person contributes their pictures and descriptions.

• Members
Or maybe a coffee table book consisting only of coffee tables made out of basses?

I tried to make a bass from my parent's old coffee table once, but the smell of lemony Pledge drove me out of the workshop, so I put it back in storage eventually. If they ever looked on the underside, they'd see a peculiar shape reminiscent of a jazz bass traced on it with a pencil crayon. :evil:

• Members
im still looking for a coffee table book with pictures of different coffee tables.

Well, maybe now is the time to do it. It's been years since that episode first ran, but that didn't stop the guy who was the inspiration for the Soup Nazi from starting a franchise 9 years after his episode aired.

Let me help get you started

Checkeredflagcoffee.jpg

• Members
I don't know about the coffee table book, that'd be hard (and expensive) to do.

I figured a Calendar with a nice bass for each month would be nice.
:)

A book would be great, but would cost more than my "good" bass.

I'd get a calendar for sure. Absolutely. Yes please.

• Members

Ok, so who's going to organize it? Where do we submit pictures to? Do we have diff. categories, how is this goign to work?
:D

Hmm, you have a point. We need to organise this well.

I checked on wordpress and the minimum resolution and dpi required is:

2300x1800 resolution

200 dpi

Obviously people could post up smaller versions of the images and when the finals are chosen then send on the full size versions.

I understand this might mean that some people will have to take photos again but it'd be good if we could pull this off! Better quality calendars. :thu:

If anyone wants to help organise this just chime in. :)

• Moderators

A book would be great, but would cost more than my "good" bass.

I'd get a calendar for sure. Absolutely. Yes please.

What if we had a HCBF web site of members basses. I'm sure there is someone here that could host it and someone with the skills to create it.

• Members

There was talk of it last year but nothing ever came from it. :idk:

If we did do it then it'd be nice to do it in a similar style to that bassgirls.com page. But with sort of mini profile page for each bassist, what bands and if you're available for a gig and pictures of their rigs.

Archived