Happy Holloween Guys!

Geddy'sFavHeadache

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
And what's that say for me? Between them, As Cities Burn (Come Now Sleep CD), and Straylight Run, you compile my current source of influence...does that make me....emo....?
:eek:
Ok, we all know the answer there...but that's ok. Ver, you should check out my bands myspace, see if you like our style.

Hmm, I'll have to find some headphones, Laptop speakers hate me anymore.

The only As Cities Burn song I've heard is Clouds, and I like it. I need to get a CD from them.

And no, that doesn't make you emo. Otherwise.. I'd be emo too.... And if I'm emo... Everyone I know would probably "un-know" me.

• Members

yeah, i hear ya. i'm the same way. i listen to a wide veriety of things. from the 50's to now. some guitarists are surprised at what i listen to as a bassist.

where u from anyway?:poke:

Wichita. I think We're going to be moving sometime in the next few months though...

Hmm..

• Members

how long have you been playing bass since?:poke:

Almost 2 years now.

I'm definitely NOT the goddess, but I love the instrument, and I practice a lot.

Ever since picking up one in Guitar Center, I just had to take it up.

I only have one bass, and I'm content with it. But I'm in a crappy garage band with my friends. And I know, probably in a few years I'll be in a different band, but it passes the time, and it gives us all practice in a group.

And you?

• Members
Hmm, I'll have to find some headphones, Laptop speakers hate me anymore.

The only As Cities Burn song I've heard is Clouds, and I like it. I need to get a CD from them.

And no, that doesn't make you emo. Otherwise.. I'd be emo too.... And if I'm emo... Everyone I know would probably "un-know" me.

I absolutely love the new CD...biggest influence in the new band I think so far. Hopefully we'll start touring come summerish-time, and I'm hoping to hit up the midwest alot more than the east coast...and maybe we could hit a show in your area? haha...maybe? I'm booooorrrrreeeedddddddddddddddd. And I totally know what you mean about "un-knowing" people. I need a haircut...:( Girls think I look....trashy emo...

• Members
Almost 2 years now.

I'm definitely NOT the goddess, but I love the instrument, and I practice a lot.

Ever since picking up one in Guitar Center, I just had to take it up.

I only have one bass, and I'm content with it. But I'm in a crappy garage band with my friends. And I know, probably in a few years I'll be in a different band, but it passes the time, and it gives us all practice in a group.

And you?

that;s cool. my band stuff is put on hold cause i need a permanent job. i'm 25 and tired of having temporary jobs, and going from job to job. for awhile i was ill with afflictions.

been playing bass since i was 6. almost 20 years now. practice a lot of Rush and Primus. sometimes play to The Police. i own 3 basses at the moment. at one time i owned 5. i was about your age.:thu:

• Members
that;s cool. my band stuff is put on hold cause i need a permanent job. i'm 25 and tired of having temporary jobs, and going from job to job. for awhile i was ill with afflictions.

been playing bass since i was 6. almost 20 years now. practice a lot of Rush and Primus. sometimes play to The Police. i own 3 basses at the moment. at one time i owned 5. i was about your age.
:thu:

That's pretty cool!

What kind of basses do you have in your possession?

• Members
74' Fender Mustang Bass

06' Fender Active P-bass Special (modified)

Ibanez Active GSR200 (G10) which i will be selling

that's pretty much it.

what about u?
:D

Haha, I have about 4 friends with Mustang Guitars. They always go, "RIDE THAT MUSTANG" when a picture is taken.

My only bass is an Ibanez GSR200FM.

I'm incredibly happy with it.

• Members
Haha, I have about 4 friends with Mustang Guitars. They always go, "RIDE THAT MUSTANG" when a picture is taken.

My only bass is an Ibanez GSR200FM.

I'm incredibly happy with it.

yeah, they're good basses. the 06' Fender replaced it. i put $1600.00 into it (including what i paid which was almost $1200.00) it has that p-bass and Jazz configuration pups like the Ibanez did. well take care. i'm out. i've been on the net for 3 hours sending out my resume n stuff.:wave:

• Members
yeah, they're good basses. the 06' Fender replaced it. i put $1600.00 into it (including what i paid which was almost $1200.00) it has that p-bass and Jazz configuration pups like the Ibanez did. well take care. i'm out. i've been on the net for 3 hours sending out my resume n stuff.
:wave:

:D Sounds nice.

Well, yeah, talk to you later man. Good luck with the resume things.

• Members
So, uhmmm....how about them...uh....that...ermmm...one sports team....that played Sunday? Them, yeah. Totally. Mmmmmhmmm......

:love:

Are you bad at small talk? Hahaha.

Umm yeah.. That one team.. That played.. Uhhh.... Yeah...... Wow.. Uhhh.

• Members

Are you bad at small talk? Hahaha.

Umm yeah.. That one team.. That played.. Uhhh.... Yeah...... Wow.. Uhhh.

No, I'm just reallllllly tired. I COULD IM you and show you I'm AMAZING at small talk........but...what's the point in IMing someone just for small talk? Unless...of course...that small talk is all teh talk you ever get...

• Members
No, I'm just reallllllly tired. I COULD IM you and show you I'm AMAZING at small talk........but...what's the point in IMing someone just for small talk? Unless...of course...that small talk is all teh talk you ever get...

You always could.

Excpet I'm not on IM at the moment. :p

Since I'm probably going to go do something slightly productive for a while.

• Members
You always could.

Excpet I'm not on IM at the moment.
:p

Since I'm probably going to go do something slightly productive for a while.

If only I could count the number of times I've said that while posting here...yeahhhhhh....it never happens...unless my bass is within arms reach...then I practice and post.....

• Members

If only I could count the number of times I've said that while posting here...yeahhhhhh....it never happens...unless my bass is within arms reach...then I practice and post.....

Mmm, you're probably right.

But I think I'm going to go.. I have a sketch to finish for someone, and still some homework for tomorrow.

But if you want, feel free to IM me, when I'm online sometime. I never mind talking.

Archived