SansAmp question

rummy

• Members

The more I read, the more I realize I just need a decent OD pedal. I already have an amp that I really like. I just want to be able to get some dirty sound using the same amp. I already like how my rig sounds with a Tube Screamer in front of it. So, maybe I'll look into getting that modded for more bass or something. No need to spend the money on stuff I don't need. :o

• Members
The more I read, the more I realize I just need a decent OD pedal. I already have an amp that I really like. I just want to be able to get some dirty sound using the same amp. I already like how my rig sounds with a Tube Screamer in front of it. So, maybe I'll look into getting that modded for more bass or something. No need to spend the money on stuff I don't need.
:o

i just picked up the Fulltone OD and am very happy with it. pricey tho.

• Members

Seems like a lot of people are recommending the Fulltone. I found this clips, and I like how it sounds. Although, it think it sounds VERY similiar with the sound I get with the Tube Screamer. Except his tone has more bass.

• Moderators

Seems like a lot of people are recommending the Fulltone. I found this clips, and I like how it sounds. Although, it think it sounds VERY similiar with the sound I get with the Tube Screamer. Except his tone has more bass.

That's because it's the same pedal with one small capacitor changed out for more bass.

• Members

The thing I like about the programmable 3-button version of the Sans Amp is that you can have three different OD settings that vary from a smooth Bassman sound up to a gnarly, ratty Geezer Butler sound.

The BOSS ODB I found was all the same "over the top" distortion, but just more or less of the same thing. The EQ and balance settings on the Sans Amp allow a lot of playing around to get the tone in your head, and then you can easily save it. Want a different one, punch up one of the others. It does allow a lot of flexibility in that sense.

Archived