Alrighty, that's what I call a morning..

Verlian

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Dude, you're only 32? I thought you were older than that, but I thought the same thing about Burdizzos, too. He's like 32 or 33.

I'm 28. I get carded every time.
:D
C7

See, I automatically think anyone married is older than me...Because you know, they're like, grown ups and {censored} :D

• Members

+1

I had a few pints last night at a local gig, got 3 cans in the fridge as well
:p

Have you tried the Red Guiness, tis my favourite and I can drink the stuff all night long on tap.

Pssh red guinness!

Its only being marketed in the UK. See we just send you the crap stuff! :p

My favourite is the North Star Brew, but you guys probably don't have it over there. Its a bit smoother tasting. :)

• Members

If it's outside of Eire, it's already pasteurized and doesn't taste the same anyway

It's not like they're trying to sell them "Mid-Strength", that {censored} is being sold in country
:p

:rolleyes:

If you're speaking in English then the name of the country is Ireland. If you're speaking in Irish the name is Eire.

• Members

:rolleyes:

If you're speaking in English then the name of the country is Ireland. If you're speaking in Irish the name is Eire.

Several points in reply:

Number one, the use of untranslated foreign words within English is an established literary convention, against which no prohibition exists in standard usage...

Number two, the forum adopts a colloquial tone, and such idiomatic uses of terminology are certainly no reason to get offended, nor to "roll ones eyes". I'm perfectly aware that "Eire" isn't an English word, my usage is indicative of nothing more than a relatively whimsical choice.

Number three, related to and in light of number one, I'll use whatever word I {censored}ing well please :p

If I want to call Germany "Deutschland" whilst speaking French, I'll do that...

If I want to call Greece "Hellas" whilst speaking Latin, I'll do that...

If I want to call Ireland "Eire" whilst speaking Old Norse, I'll bloody well do that too...

In fact, I think I'll do that now (I also don't feel like using the proper letters, such is my prerogative :p)...

Kashue het madr. Kashue var Jonsson. Jon var Reedsson Frederickssonar. Frederick bjo fyrst a Dyflinni, i Eire, hann for til America. Frederick bjo a Detroit. Ethelr het kona hans, en Reed sonr theira. Reed Fredericksson bjo a Detroit, en Jonr sonr hans eptir hann.

There, that felt good...I decided at the last minute to make the font bigger as well...since I could...

Now, I am rejoicing in the fact that not only can I do that, you can post all the rolling eyes in the world, and it won't have even the most minute effect upon my ability to do so :D

• Moderators
Dude, you're only 32? I thought you were older than that, but I thought the same thing about Burdizzos, too. He's like 32 or 33.

I'm 28. I get carded every time.
C7

Yeah, the first time I posted a picture of myself here you said the same thing. My mom's dad was pretty funny. I have pictures of him going back until he was a little kid. He is dead now, but from age 45 - 85 he looked the same. He looked older than he was until about 60 and then younger than he was from that point forward. My body is apparently is in a race to reach its "optimal" age.

Archived