I reached a new milestone last night

burdizzos

• Moderators

What made it a VA crowd was the drunk who wanted us to play Molly Hatchet, Pantera and Metallica.

At our gig (mostly originals) last night, before the band started up, we were already told that we had better play Mustang Sally. Needless to say, we didn't, but in some dead time the guitarist and I kicked into play that funky music, the drummer followed suit and some gal grabbed the mic and sang it with us. Another thing of weirdness that I never get over is folks who show up in the middle of the second set and request songs you already played.

It was better of you to keep that Cirrus in one piece. I'm not sure how I would have reacted to that one. Probably not as smooth as you did.

• Members

Last time I did sound, a drunk with a beer in his hand was leaning over the monitor wedge at the edge of the stage and I told him to get away from it with the drink or he's paying for it.... this is while I'm in a booth sidestage, unable to actually get down immediately to stop him, btw. He mumbles something and goes off, then before I turn around, he's "singing" into the condenser mic we had set up to record room sound... he was doing mic stand moves and everything, so I yelled at him to stop, he told me to {censored} off, I told him if he doesn't stop, I'd be breaking his jaw.

...He didn't stop. I had to get down off of the stage and physically grab the microphone out of his hand, I went to put it back on the stand and while I did that one of his drunk buddies hurried him away from me, I guess he thought I was serious, which I was. I was seconds away from breaking this morons jaw.

• Members

By the time we finished the set, he was out of the bar and his girlfriend apologized to me.

How many times did she "apologize?"

And did she swallow?

About time someone made a joke about this. I was just gonna ask if you got teh girlfriend's number...

• Members
yeah, I've pounced on assholes throwing projectiles. I sure miss those days myself.

where in Dallas were you from?

I lived in Richardson, Plano, and Allen for most of the past 12 years. My ex's best friend was in a band so I was always out in deep ellum or some no-name bar on the outskirts of the city. I think I spent more money on his damn shows than I did her! :rolleyes:

Archived