I reached a new milestone last night

burdizzos

• Members

Nope, not two dudes at the same time, BOALG will always be able to hold that over me.

A drunk threw a can at me last night while I was on stage. A half full Stacker 2 can, to be specific.

He apparently didn't appreciate our rendition of Ruby Soho and decided to do something about it. I saw it coming out of the corner of my eye and moved forward just in time to have it graze the back of my head before crashing into a guitar case.

The part that pissed me off more than anything is that the bar manager was standing right next to the guy when he did it and didn't throw him out. So after we completed the song, I went up to the bar and asked the bartender if he had the guy under control. He said that he did and then I told him that if the guy throws anything else on stage, he's probably going to get a free ride to the hospital. Had my lead singer seen it, he would have stopped the show right away and kicked the {censored} out of that guy, but he had no idea until I told him.

I was super pissed.

By the time we finished the set, he was out of the bar and his girlfriend apologized to me.

Other than that, it was a great show.

• Members

Was there a hole in the chicken wire?

I made a comment about bringing out the chicken wire, but no one got it.

I think the crowd was still dumbstruck by my singer's comment that the next person who throws anything at the band will be the victim of a hate crime.

• Members

Sounds like a VA crowd to me. :poke:

Nah, that could have been any crowd.

What made it a VA crowd was the drunk who wanted us to play Molly Hatchet, Pantera and Metallica. Then he was surprised and pissed when we refused. We played him some Christina Aguilera instead. He called me a fag and said that he'd kill himself if we play any more Cristina, so I immediately broke into an acapella rendition of What a Girl Wants.

Truth be told, it was one of the funniest gigs that we've ever had.

• Members

I think the crowd was still dumbstruck by my singer's comment that the next person who throws anything at the band will be the victim of a hate crime.

I've been in places where somebody would have thrown another can just to see if he could back up the offer.

LOL @ Christina Aguilera

• Members

I've been in places where somebody would have thrown another can just to see if he could back up the offer.

LOL @ Christina Aguilera

I was surprised that no one did. My lead singer is an ex-marine with a short fuse, he probably would have put a mic stand up a dude's ass if anyone threw another can.

Christina kills, you'd be amazed at how well that {censored} goes over.

• Members

That kind of {censored} rarely happens around here. I have personally never seen people throw cans or bottles at the stage. Neither when I was playing or otherwise. I did hear of it happening once... That's it...

So I guess I won't be a seasoned pro for a while. I have had a girl flash me once though if that's any help. She had really nice tits too...

• Members

It's actually very rare around here, I've never seen it happen, which was why I was super pissed for about 30 minutes.

Here's another funny bit about last night. The woman who runs the bar has her boyfriend, who is also a manager there, do all of the promotions and what not. So he's going over her calendar this month and making the band schedule fliers. I really wish we would have taken a picture of that {censored} because on Monday, Dr. Fran Gyno is playing Winston's Cafe. She has an appointment, but her boyfriend just assumed that it was some weird band name that he'd never heard.

• Members

I made a comment about bringing out the chicken wire, but no one got it.

I wouldn't have let it go but your LS did right.

You're more forgiving than I. ;)

Some people just need to have their face rearranged once or twice (with subsequent trips to the ER) to get the 'message'.

• Members

I wouldn't have let it go but your LS did right.

You're more forgiving than I.
;)

Some people just need to have their face rearranged once or twice (with subsequent trips to the ER) to get the 'message'.

Oh, I was ready to put my Cirrus BXP through his face, but I decided to channel my energy into the set rather than risk some jail time.

• Members

Oh, I was ready to put my Cirrus BXP through his face, but I decided to channel my energy into the set rather than risk some jail time.

Yeah, it sucks that assault is illegal sometimes. The reason guys pull that {censored} is because they know that you're too responsible to beat their {censored}ing ass for it, so there wont be any consequences for their actions. That's why I love watching people get beat up if they deserve it, because it's nice to see their plan backfire on them.

C7

Archived