Pats are victorious!!

Bluescout

• Members

how so? the Pats were saying after the game how loud the Indy Dome was. it effects audibles, can cause false starts, etc. so how is that 'zero difference'?

the NFL is investigating the reports.

It's pickin' loud down there even without sound being pumped in. The dome in which the Seahawks used to play had a db meter and it'd get about 113 db's pretty regularly (edit: maybe it was 118 or 19, can't remember), without anything being pumped in. Makes no difference whether the sound is enhanced or not, there's no way that any team is going to be able to hear audibles or snap counts under those circumstances -- which is exactly why teams practice with speakers blaring before they play indoor games.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's pickin' loud down there even without sound being pumped in. The dome in which the Seahawks used to play had a db meter and it'd get about 113 db's pretty regularly (edit: maybe it was 118 or 19, can't remember), without anything being pumped in. Makes no difference whether the sound is enhanced or not, there's no way that any team is going to be able to hear audibles or snap counts under those circumstances -- which is exactly why teams practice with speakers blaring before they play indoor games.

right. if the crowd is into it.

but if they're not and you sweeten the sound to get to 113 db...then the NFL gets interested.

• Members

Damn RSB. How do you actually say stuff like this with Mannings cock so far down your throat?
:D
:D:D:D

all you Pats haters are gonna turn me into a Pats fan.

And I'll take that bet. How much?

And that was before it was pointed out that your comparison between their running games (and the reason for their passing TDs) was nonsense :D

So, who was your preseason pick for the BCS title? Super Bowl? World Series? NBA Finals? Since we're all keeping tabs and everything...
;)

Why do you ask about the preseason? You made this call (and most of your others) only a few days in advance...:p

If you want to know though, LSU, Patriots, Tigers (Honestly, I thought the BoSox had a better chance, but I have to pick my Home team if they've got a decent shot) and I could give a {censored} about the NBA...

Though, half the time I just wait for you to make your pics and then pick the opposite way :D

• Members

Dude, it was just a couple of days ago...Ya goin' senile?

Heck, you were so up on the Pats that Juggsy said:

And that was
before
it was pointed out that your comparison between their running games (and the reason for their passing TDs) was nonsense

Why do you ask about the preseason? You made this call (and most of your others) only a few days in advance...
:p

If you want to know though, LSU, Patriots, Tigers (Honestly, I thought the BoSox had a better chance, but I have to pick my Home team if they've got a decent shot) and I could give a {censored} about the NBA...

Though, half the time I just wait for you to make your pics and then pick the opposite way

I stand by what I say so oh well. :)

Well, it'll still remain to be seen. Lotta sports left to play this year, {censored}er. :p

If most of these meant anything I'd go by the teams who ARE gonna win as opposed to who I want to win in the first place. :p

• Members

correct me if i'm wrong here, but didn't the pats beat the Colts a few years back with Troy Brown as a defensive back?

you play with the players you've got, and if you're a great team, you win.

cry me a river about Marvin Harrison. i believe one Colts apologist (or Pats hater, whatever) was saying it was Manning who made Harrison great, not the other way around.

if the Pats have a receiver even slightly better than Reche Caldwell, they're winning their 4th the Super Bowl last year.

Precisely. +1

WR Troy friggin' old-man Brown played DB for the Pats in the 20-3 drubbing of the Colts in the snow of the AFCCG in Foxboro. We squeaked by them in the dome at Indy that year by 3, I believe.

• Members

I stand by what I say so oh well.
:)

If most of these meant anything I'd go by the teams who ARE gonna win as opposed to who I want to win in the first place.

You stand by what you say...but you don't stand by the predictions that you've made?...Interesting!

Maybe in the future, you can clue us in as to which of your 'predictions' are who you think "ARE gonna win," and which 'predictions' are "who you WANT to win" ... great stuff! rofl.gif

• Members
right.
if
the crowd is into it.

but if they're not and you sweeten the sound to get to 113 db...then the NFL gets interested.

In a game like yesterdays, I think you'd hard pressed to make a case that the crowd wasn't into it.

And just for the record, I predicted something on the order of a 28-24 game, not the shootout that most others were predicting. The final score was 24-20. I think we can all pretty much tell who rules in the prediction game. *does happy dance* :D

• Members

The people who keep taking shots aught to at least know what they're talking about...

If the Pats do anything other than run out the clock, they risk losing. As much as the Pats want to drive home the point this year, they're not going to risk the 'W' to do it.

Actually, that was the point I was trying to make... they only do it when they've already won. I don't like that, but that's just me. I wouldn't have a problem if they did it every game, or tried it against the colts. The fact that they do it against {censored}ty teams says something about belichick's character IMO.

• Members

Oh yeah. I just got back to NYC (plane delays, etc). Heading it to work for the evening (DOH!) Lots of time to think about the game on the flight.

As a colts fan, cringe at saying this, but Brady did look better on the field. The two biggest things going for him: Belichic (obviously)and his demeanor. If anything, that's what sets him apart from Manning. Manning got shook up and wasn't really on his game, especially after the pats got an interception off him. Brady was frickin' unflappable. Two sacks, one interception, and he still keeps trucking. Damn.

Now if only Peyton could learn NOT to choke :(

• Members

Actually, that was the point I was trying to make... they only do it when they've already won. I don't like that, but that's just me. I wouldn't have a problem if they did it every game, or tried it against the colts. The fact that they do it against {censored}ty teams says something about belichick's character IMO.

{censored}ty teams? Dallas has the best record in the NFC. The Pats game is their only loss. Washington and Cleveland are both 5-3, and San Diego was the most popular pre-season pick for the SB (and now winners of three straight games).

Indy is the first team where they couldn't do it. By definition, you can't "run up the score" unless you've already got a big lead. You're complaining that they only do something when it's possible for them to do it...That's why your statement is wonky.

• Members

Huh??? On what exactly do you base that comment??

On the field, pumped in sound is going to make zero difference in a player's ability to hear the snap count.

If 124dB makes it more difficult than 120dB, then 126dB will make it even more difficult.

• Members

{censored}ty teams? Dallas has the best record in the NFC. The Pats game is their only loss. Washington and Cleveland are both 5-3, and San Diego was the most popular pre-season pick for the SB (and now winners of three straight games).

Indy is the first team where they couldn't do it. By definition, you can't "run up the score" unless you've already got a big lead. You're complaining that they only do something when it's possible for them to do it...That's why your statement is wonky.

Sorry. I made a fallacy. I'm sorry I said {censored}ty teams. What i meant to question was why they didn't do it against the colts. I'm asking, why did Brady take a knee to end the game when he could have scored again?

• Members
What i meant to question was why they didn't do it against the colts. I'm asking, why did Brady take a knee to end the game when he could have scored again?

Exactly why I said.

They didn't have a big lead against the Colts. Without a big lead, you don't "run up the score". Without the game in hand, you don't take chances.

For them to try to score again would mean risking a turnover, it would mean risking a quick three-and-out and giving the ball back to the Colts with time on the clock. In other words, it would mean risking a loss.

The Colts had already proven they could stop the Pats, they'd already proven they were a legitimate opponent. This wasn't "stop us...if you can", this was "you've already proven you can stop us, so we're going to take our W and go home"...

Are you saying that them showing up the other eight teams they've played is only "allowed" if they also unnecessarily risk a loss against their primary rival just for consistency's sake? :confused:

• Members

Are you saying that them showing up the other eight teams they've played is only "allowed" if they also unnecessarily risk a loss against their primary rival just for consistency's sake?
:confused:

No, I'm saying I think they shouldn't be blowing out scores in the first place ;)

But it's been debated to death in the other thread, and I'm in the minority. no need to :deadhorse:

I'll be honest. I'm a bitter colts fan who's sad his team lost, and I'm nitpicking. There's always the post season, I guess.

• Members

Back when Marino was setting his record, no one accused him of running up scores. Of course, Miami's defense sucked back then so he needed every point he could muster... nonetheless, you are accusing a guy who constantly faces 330lb behemoths that are seeking to destroy his ability to contest them on any given Sunday of being mean to them.

Go away already ya big baby. :poke:

Sorry. I made a fallacy. I'm sorry I said {censored}ty teams. What i meant to question was why they didn't do it against the colts. I'm asking, why did Brady take a knee to end the game when he could have scored again?

• Members

Huh??? On what exactly do you base that comment??

If 124dB makes it more difficult than 120dB, then 126dB will make it even more difficult.

Once you reach the point at which you can't hear, it doesn't matter how much louder the sound gets.

• Members
You stand by what you say...but you don't stand by the predictions that you've made?...Interesting!

Maybe in the future, you can clue us in as to which of your
'predictions'
are who you think "ARE gonna win," and which '
predictions
' are "who you WANT to win" ... great stuff!
rofl.gif

Well of course dumbass- :p

You can root for a team you like, even if you wouldn't predict them to win. In no way is Dallas going to win the NBA or NFL championships this year but I'd still pick them for {censored}s and giggles on an internet forum. It's not like I have money or "fantasy" leagues riding on it or something- I'm not that much of a nerd. :p

• Members
Didn't you lose money to Burdizzos on a bet made on the this very forum? (Rhetorical question, we all know you did
)

Well yeah that one time when it was a sure thing. This is way different. No way I'd do it for a Pats/Colts game or for the BCS this year. Sheesh. :p
And that's all I mean- I don't mind being wrong or talking crap about games like this b/c I'm indifferent to it.
I still need to send Tressell a bill, for faking how good they were all season! Bastage! :mad::mad:

• Members

You can root for a team you like, even if you wouldn't predict them to win. In no way is Dallas going to win the NBA or NFL championships this year but I'd still pick them for {censored}s and giggles on an internet forum. It's not like I have money or "fantasy" leagues riding on it or something- I'm not that much of a nerd.

At least it's now confirmed directly from you, that despite your previous claim, you don't stand by your words - that's cool with me. :thu:

Archived