Pats are victorious!!

Bluescout

• Members

It was touch and go for a while. It was like a game of old when they kept it close and pulled it out in the end. And talk about the "bend but not break" defense!!! I love the way Brady saunters to the line just dripping with calm when they're losing by 3.

But enough about my man-crush on Tom. We won so I'm not whining but WTF was with the officiating? Even the sportscasters had no idea what to say about some of the calls. That poor officiating affected some plays that changed the game in a big way.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was at the game. The colts beat themselves tonight. The better team did NOT win.

Yeah, I mean Peyton just "beat himself" by turning it over on each of the last two drives...Yep, "beat himself"...

The Pats pass rush had nothing to do with it...the fact Colvin was on top of Manning so much he could tell you what aftershave Manning was wearing? Irrelevant...Manning just plum "beat himself"...

• Members

I was at the game. The colts beat themselves tonight. The better team did NOT win.

I think that player for player, they match up pretty well and that tonight's game was a classic example of a team being out coached. I think we saw who the better x's and o's coach is.

• Members

Great. Now I have to endure another 9 weeks of the sound every sportscaster in the country slobbering on Brady's knob. The collective slurping noise sounds like a flash flood.

C7

Why, as a Broncos fan this year, would you even bother listening to sportscasters at all? :p

I'd think you'd just call it a season and start rooting for the Avs (you know, hope they don't miss the playoffs again :D)

• Members

Why, as a Broncos fan this year, would you even bother listening to sportscasters at all?
:p

I'd think you'd just call it a season and start rooting for the Avs (you know, hope they don't miss the playoffs again
:D
)

Jesus, don't remind me. If I see Jim Bates walking down the street I'm going to run him over with my truck. Then back over him with my truck. Then run him over again. Then spraypaint his squirming body orange and blue.

C7

• Members

The Colts lost from two factors (and no, this isn't me saying the Pats aren't better...still cheaters, and I will back that up, but that there were two major factors)

1. They had 5 players out of the game. 2 of which were WRs. Harrison and Gonzalez. Sure, Gonzalez isn't that great, but he still IS a WR.

2. They made HORRIBBBBBLEEEEEE calls all evening. 3&2 and PASS?!?! WTF?! Hand it to Joseph Addai you retards! He can FALL all of two yards!

• Members

I was at the game too. I agree. Peyton's head was definitely up his ass. They kept giving it to addai on 3rd and 10+... I was like "WTF!!!!" Poor dude. He was the only effective part of the offense in the second half. There were so many golden opportunities to pull away in the first half, but Dungy kept playing conservatively. Dammit. Well, at least it was close...

I wonder why the pats didn't go for another drive with two minutes left? Maybe because belichick only likes to beat on teams that are already down? :cop:

• Members

I wonder why the pats didn't go for another drive with two minutes left? Maybe because belichick only likes to beat on teams that are already down?
:cop:

The people who keep taking shots aught to at least know what they're talking about...

If the Pats do anything other than run out the clock, they risk losing. As much as the Pats want to drive home the point this year, they're not going to risk the 'W' to do it.

• Members

There a few calls where people, even the Colts-bar I was in, were going "... uhh, how was that a penalty? :confused:"

Colts did a few stupid things. I don't think they were on their game as much as I'd hoped. That's ok though, cause they'll just meet in the playoffs again and we can rewatch, and make 10 pats vs colts threads again! woo!

• Members

There a few calls where people, even the Colts-bar I was in, were going "... uhh, how was that a penalty? :confused:"

Colts did a few stupid things. I don't think they were on their game as much as I'd hoped. That's ok though, cause they'll just meet in the playoffs again and we can rewatch, and make 10 pats vs colts threads again! woo!

Without getting into the details (especially the refs), this is the best post on this thread so far, because it's all true!:thu:

"Pats are cheaters..." That is tiring and whiny, but as long as you throw in the rest of the NFL I'll agree:rolleyes:.

• Members

I just heard a sound clip from the game yesterday on a local station.

It seems like the Colts were pumping in some extra noise. The reverberation of the sound system was clearly evident, as well as a marked difference in sound density when Brady was approaching the line.

The Colts wouldn't do this would they?

They are the nice guys and Billy and the boys evil.

• Members

I just heard a sound clip from the game yesterday on a local station.

It seems like the Colts were pumping in some extra noise. The reverberation of the sound system was clearly evident, as well as a marked difference in sound density when Brady was approaching the line.

The Colts wouldn't do this would they?

They are the nice guys and Billy and the boys evil.

Sheesh, they used to accuse the Raiders of watering down the field before home games. Uhmmm, the field is below sea level and the bay is less than a mile a way, do the math. Those kinds of things get thrown around all of the time. On the field, pumped in sound is going to make zero difference in a player's ability to hear the snap count.

Archived