Opinion Please; Boss TU-2 vs Peterson StroboStomp2

HumptyThumpty

• Members

From what I've read in the search there is nothing wrong with the Boss TU-2 Tuner. No one says they can detect a problem with NOT being a "true bypass". It gets very good reviews in the HC Product Review DB. The Peterson reviews there are not all that great. But several of you have expressed how much you are pleased with the StroboStomp2. Is the StroboStomp2 worth $100 more than the Boss? Why?

Thanks for your input.

• Members

From what I've read in the search there is nothing wrong with the Boss TU-2 Tuner. No one says they can detect a problem with NOT being a "true bypass". It gets very good reviews in the HC Product Review DB. The Peterson reviews there are not all that great. But several of you have expressed how much you are pleased with the StroboStomp2. Is the StroboStomp2 worth $100 more than the Boss? Why?

Thanks for your input.

I like my Strobostomp. It's extremely accurate, quickly tunes even the B string, and it makes intonation easier.

Dan

• Members

Accuracy.

It is accurate enough to set intonation.

EDIT: And, for visibility. The TU2 is very hard to see in dark environment, and in sunny weather if you're standing up. The StroboStomp can be seen from a mile away whether you're in completely darkness, or in under direct sunlight.

• Members

Accuracy.

It is accurate enough to set intonation.

EDIT: And, for visibility. The TU2 is very hard to see in dark environment, and in sunny weather if you're standing up. The StroboStomp can be seen from a mile away whether you're in completely darkness, or in under direct sunlight.

Yes. The strobostomp kicks mucho asso.

• Members

I've owned both.

TU-2: Very good tuner for what it is. It's accurate enough for tuning, but nothing more than that. It can be hard to see in sunlight or even bright stage lights that happen to be pointed at the floor. It tuned my low B without any problems, and it was trouble free for a long time.

Strobostomp 2: I bought this tuner for the accuracy. I have never had a problem with it, nor do I think it will give me a problem. It's very easy to see in all light conditions, but most importantly...it's accurate enough to do intonation.

I took the TU-2 off my board in favor of the Peterson.

If you're not going to do your own setups, get the TU-2. If you want the most accurate pedal tuner money can buy...get the Peterson.

Archived