The Genz Benz is officially here!

willsellout

• Members

They're rated at 300w at 8 ohms. The GB is only pumping 1200w at 2 ohms...it's doing 550w at 8 ohms. The Aggies can handle it...especially if you don't completely crank the heck out of the GB.

Nice choice btw!!! I really like those cabs. Full report when it comes in...

+1

yeah that was what I was thinking, just didn't know what the Aggie cab could take and if it was a 8 ohmer

Nice choice bud :thu: review already!

• Members

+1

yeah that was what I was thinking, just didn't know what the Aggie cab could take and if it was a 8 ohmer

Nice choice bud
:thu:
review already!

there will be a review as soon as it comes in. I am going to blast that bastard:D

I can't wait to hear how this sounds...I think it's going to be incredible.

Dan

• Members
I'm going with 12's right now. Actually I just ordered this:

db210_brn.jpg

Only instead of the 2x10 it's the 1x12 chocolate thunder bitches:D

I went with my gut on this one..I just felt the Aggie DB would be the cab for me.

Dan

You know we can't give you full credit as a GB user without a GB cab. :eek: You can get crazy deals on the NeoX-212. I have two, and they CRUSH! :cop::cop::cop:

• Members

You know we can't give you full credit as a GB user without a GB cab.
:eek:
You can get crazy deals on the NeoX-212. I have two, and they CRUSH!
:cop:

Are you the guy that used to have the other GB rig of doom with s GBE600s?

Either way, I am envious of your Avatar.

• Members

A couple things I noticed right off the bat, why did the GB guys make such small front handles for this head..it is uncomfortably to carry the head with those tiny handles. I mean I can understand
why
, because it's one more thing to get damaged, but seriously they should be bigger.

Dan

One thing I've noticed with mine is that they tend to loosen up with regularity too. If you do actually lift and carry the amp by these little handles they do loosen up requiring a bit of occasional torquing down with a screwdriver from the back of the faceplate. I don't have any locktite around, maybe that would help.

• Members

On an amp like the GBE750 or 1200, safety issues especially in Europe dictate the touchproof Speak-On type connectors. 1/4" connectors just aren's safe when an amp swings +/-85 volts. Guaranteed you will feel the jolt if you hold onto the 1/4" end!

The handles are primarily for use in installing into a rack, and using a rack is something that will prolong the life of the amp and prevent broken controls and other accidents. The handles also protect the power switch. I wouldn't spend much time carring an amp that heavy with the handles.

• Members

On an amp like the GBE750 or 1200, safety issues especially in Europe dictate the touchproof Speak-On type connectors. 1/4" connectors just aren's safe when an amp swings +/-85 volts. Guaranteed you will feel the jolt if you hold onto the 1/4" end!

The handles are primarily for use in installing into a rack, and using a rack is something that will prolong the life of the amp and prevent broken controls and other accidents. The handles also protect the power switch. I wouldn't spend much time carring an amp that heavy with the handles.

Thanks, yeah all my concerns have been quelled. I am going to call up and get some rubber feet for now and then get myself a rack for it. It won't be moved much for now as I'm not playing in any bands so I'm not too concerned.

Dan

Archived