The Genz Benz is officially here!

willsellout

• Members

Of course I can't even see if it works because it only has speakon out's and my ashdown speakers are 1/4. So I am assured they work as per Hasbeen so I'm allright with that. So for my smoking deal on a "2nd" what I got was a virtually brand new amp with one small scratch on the top of the head and 2 small scratches on the footswitch! Man those are some expensive scratches:D. This head is absolutely huge:eek: I just didn't expect it to be so big..sheesh. It is damn sexy looking though.

A couple things I noticed right off the bat, why did the GB guys make such small front handles for this head..it is uncomfortably to carry the head with those tiny handles. I mean I can understand why, because it's one more thing to get damaged, but seriously they should be bigger. the second thing I noticed was only two speakon outs? For an amp that runs at two ohms shouldn't there be more? I would think four would be much better. I'm glad I got the head before I bought my cab(s) though because knowing there are two outputs will dictate the cabinet configuration.

Oh and no pics because my camera is in California...

Dan

• Moderators

the second thing I noticed was only two speakon outs? For an amp that runs at two ohms shouldn't there be more? I would think four would be much better. I'm glad I got the head before I bought my cab(s) though because knowing there are two outputs will dictate the cabinet configuration.

Nearly every cabinet in production has parallel jacks such that a head only needs one output.

• Members

Larger front handles can be a major pain with certain rack lids.

Are the Speakon's combo? Mine are. I can use Speakon or 1/4.

Yeah I hear you on the rack..I can carry it it's just weird only being able to fit in 3 fingers per handle. At least they are sculpted:D.

And no I don't think the speakons are anything but speakons.

But if someone knows for sure, let me know. I don't want to just shove a cable into it:D

Dan

• Members

I got the Neox 212T as well and he threw in the cable. I noticed that the Neox has both Speakon and 1/4" jacks, so I can run out of it into my single 15" JBL in the Carvin cabinet... Woot!

well let me know how it sounds:D

I'll just keep imagining how mine sounds:(

Dan

• Members

Those handles are really only to lift it into and out of a rack, which it was meant to be mounted in. One of the damaged GBE750's I got from MF had a bent handle, and it's not held on by much if you're throwing around the whole weight of the amp. I'd get it racked up if I were you.

• Members

Congrats on the arrival of your amp.

What configuration of cabs do you think you'll go with? 410's, 212, 115, 610, 810??

I'm going with 12's right now. Actually I just ordered this:

db210_brn.jpg

Only instead of the 2x10 it's the 1x12 chocolate thunder bitches:D

I went with my gut on this one..I just felt the Aggie DB would be the cab for me.

Dan

• Members

What are they rated at? Sure the 1200 won't melt it?

They're rated at 300w at 8 ohms. The GB is only pumping 1200w at 2 ohms...it's doing 550w at 8 ohms. The Aggies can handle it...especially if you don't completely crank the heck out of the GB.

Nice choice btw!!! I really like those cabs. Full report when it comes in...

Archived