OT: NFL rant!!!! The Pats accuse the Colts of cheating!!!!

Funkee1

• Members

No.... I am saying he did the right thing in raising his concerns, but doing so, amid his their own cheating scandal has the appearance of an attempt to misdirect.

"Hey look over there, so we can do this over here!". I may be wrong, and there may be no other way to have handled it. I am just saying how it looks to me!

You are aware that taping from the sidelines is completely legal, and that all teams record signals, and its legal, right? The infraction the Pats committed was putting a guy in the wide open in a location that is not sanctioned to record from...right? It is incredibly easy to tape from non-sanctioned areas, however in the Pats case, the guy was wearing the bright 'tape guy' vest - obviously making no attempt to hide or conceal that he was recording - and he was standing right in the open...just wanted to clarify this 'cheating' stuff. But don't let this information get in the way of a good 'cheating scandal' :rolleyes:

Anyhow...you admit that you feel he did the right thing, but him doing so might give the appearance of an attempt at misdirection...ok...not sure how to respond to that. I mean, it is what it is - it happened, Kraft noticed it, Kraft raised his concern, and that's all we've got... *shrug*

I'll tell you this, though - if something like this occurred, and it has been alleged publicly by other franchises, this has a direct affect on the game and fairness of competition - much moreso than recording signals (which is entirely LEGAL) from a spot which happened to be illegal/non-sanctioned. If the Pats were penalized a 1st round pick for something like that, can you imagine what the appropriate penalty would be for a franchise which attempts to gain a competitive advantage by piping in artificial noise at various opportune times/situations? Again, I'm not saying it happened, but it certainly seemed to happen, and it's been alleged in the past. Get my drift?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You are aware that taping from the sidelines is completely legal, and that all teams record signals, and its legal, right?

That is incorrect.

"The rule is that no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game," the league said Monday in a statement from spokesman Greg Aiello. "Clubs have specifically been reminded in the past that the videotaping of an opponent's offensive or defensive signals on the sidelines is prohibited.

source.

Archived