OT: NFL rant!!!! The Pats accuse the Colts of cheating!!!!

Funkee1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here is the problem with trying to prove/disprove the whole idea. All any of us (this includes bloggers as a whole as well) have is captured from television. That is not going to be the actual crowd noise. Its the television version of the crowd noise. Complete with commentators speaking, engineers riding faders, broadcast equipment sending a signal into space, etc, etc, etc.

• Members

Now I'm not an audio engineer, recording engineer, audiophile, or audiologist, but it seems to me that if you placed dozens of microphones around the stadium that were sensitive enough to pick up crowd noise, then pumped that signal into loudspeakers in the same environment, you'd end up with a leviathan feedback loop...
It would make more sense to pump in simple white noise than it would to amplify the crowd volume...
C7

• Members

Now I'm not an audio engineer, recording engineer, audiophile, or audiologist, but it seems to me that if you placed dozens of microphones around the stadium that were sensitive enough to pick up crowd noise, then pumped that signal into loudspeakers in the same environment, you'd end up with a leviathan feedback loop...

C7

Exacary! That's why you'd use prerecorded crowd noise and play it from a CD.

• Members

Crowd noise doesn't make a bit of difference when combined with the huge sucking sound i.e. the Seahawks. That Colts/Patriots game was the best game I've seen in a long while. The Colts clearly had the size and speed on defense but man, does Brady ever break a sweat?

• Members

but you see, he didn't.

Ok. Problem solved. The Pats front office, however, needs to take a look at how they just made their coach and team look, though......

BTW, why would the RCA Dome use such a silly ploy to cheat? Isn't there more high tech ways to cheat now? what is this? Spy Vs Spy?

• Members

Ok. Problem solved. The Pats front office, however, needs to take a look at how they just made their coach and team look, though......

BTW, why would the RCA Dome use such a silly ploy to cheat? Isn't there more high tech ways to cheat now? what is this? Spy Vs Spy?

First of all, the Pats front office (specifically, Robert Kraft, who was in attendance at that game) did the right thing in my opinion - they had a concern, and they took the appropriate immediate action to voice those concerns to the NFL.

If you think the Pats front office looks poorly due to raising concerns about the odd and loud noises piped through, then you need to also include other franchises' front offices, as well. Bill Polian (Colts GM and member of the NFL competition committee...no conflict of interest, eh?) is a famed whiner and complains excessively and repeatedly to the league. In fact, others have made much more biting complaints to the league about the Colts and the noise, and it has been covered in the media at least since 2005, and maybe even prior. Start with reading about the Steelers allegations...

• Members

First of all, the Pats front office (specifically, Robert Kraft, who was in attendance at that game) did the right thing in my opinion - they had a concern, and they took the appropriate immediate action to voice those concerns to the NFL.

If you think the Pats front office looks poorly due to raising concerns about the odd and loud noises piped through, then you need to also include other franchises' front offices, as well. Bill Polian is a famed whiner and complains excessively and repeatedly to the league. In fact, others have made much more biting complaints to the league about it, and it has been covered in the media at least since 2005, and maybe even prior. Start with reading about the Steelers allegations...

It's the timing! It may not be the Pats fault though, but it does look like "I know you are, but what am I?" but that may be because of the way it's been reported.

That's all I'm sayin!!!!

• Members

It's the timing! It may not be the Pats fault though, but it does look like "I know you are, but what am I?" but that may be because of the way it's been reported.

That's all I'm sayin!!!!

Funkee, Robert Kraft was AT the game. He and many others heard those odd, extremely loud sounds/noises through the PA when the Pats were on offense. Kraft knows full well about the previous allegations of fake/contrived noise being piped in at the RCA dome. He quickly raised his concerns. Many others expressed concern about the noises as well.

Are you saying that think Kraft should not voice his concerns at the time when it happens, but rather, at some random point "X" in the future? I don't get it. :confused:

• Members

Funkee, Robert Kraft was AT the game. He and many others heard those odd, extremely loud sounds/noises through the PA when the Pats were on offense. Kraft knows full well about the previous allegations of fake/contrived noise being piped in at the RCA dome. He quickly raised his concerns. Many others expressed concern about the noises as well.

Are you saying that think Kraft should not voice his concerns at the time when it happens, but rather, at some random point "X" in the future? I don't get it.
:confused:

No.... I am saying he did the right thing in raising his concerns, but doing so, amid his their own cheating scandal has the appearance of an attempt to misdirect.

"Hey look over there, so we can do this over here!". I may be wrong, and there may be no other way to have handled it. I am just saying how it looks to me!

• Members

Dear Mr. Bellichick, or however you spell it,

You and the Patriots beat the Indianapolis Colts yesterday, and now I heard you believe the RCA dome pumps up the crowd noise to give the home team an advantage???

Dood, you won! STFU!!!!!!

If the Colts did cheat, it obviously didn't work, so why bother making a stink????

All of this is immaterial. The Pats will go undefeated this year and win the Bowl. No one will stop them. No one.

Archived