AC/DC is one of the greatest bands ever

Phantasm

• Members

They are a pretty solid little band. And Angus' guitar tone is good. That said, I never got it either.... I've seen 'em in concert a few times, mostly as openers for other bands. The music's nothing more than fair, and the sceeeching vox and schoolboy routine was old back in 1978.

• Members

Most def! :thu:Totally basic rock, totally basic structure, but done amazingly well. Proof that great rock doesn't have to be busy, technical, or over the top to get the job done. In fact, I'd go as far to say that less can often be more, and AC/DC is right up there in this regard. One of the best rhythm sections ever.

One of the most underrated or overlooked:

510oasvdvsL._AA240_.jpg

edit - how could I forget to mention Bon Scott! Phenomenal lead singer/frontman. Had this way of putting himself into the music which is really rare...raw, sarcastic, humorous, angry, whimsical...he could do it all with enormous range.

• Members

Most def! :thu:Totally basic rock, totally basic structure, but done amazingly well. Proof that great rock doesn't have to be busy, technical, or over the top to get the job done. In fact, I'd go as far to say that less can often be more, and AC/DC is right up there in this regard. One of the best rhythm sections ever.

One of the most underrated or overlooked:

510oasvdvsL._AA240_.jpg

edit - how could I forget to mention Bon Scott! Phenomenal lead singer/frontman. Had this way of putting himself into the music which is really rare...raw, sarcastic, humorous, angry, whimsical...he could do it all with enormous range.

I agree. :thu:

A little AC/DC goes a long way with me, but I've always respected them. I heard them for the 1st time in years on the radio the other day and not only were they tight, but their tones were great!

...and yes, they rock QUITE well!

• Members

They make what they do look very easy. There's nothing easy about how Angus Young plays lead. In fact the whole band is/was (RIP Bon) amazing.

I recently bought a live DVD of theirs and it has lots of old stuff on it. Interviews from when they were just starting, shaky video from one of their first gigs at a high school. Stuff like that. It's awesome.

• Members

I really didn't like them much when I was young but have grown to appreciate them, much like a fine wine (and not a wine from a box, you low lifes), as I get older.

Wine comes in a box now? How delightfully convenient. I bet it doesn't taste anything like ass either!

There I hit 4500. That was my goal for today. I'll stop posting complete nonsense now.

Archived