Schecter 5er's vs. ESP 5er's.

Conformer

• Members

I have played several of the Schecter models and ESP models, and I can't decide which ones I like better. I like the pickups and necks on the ESP's pretty good, but they are kinda heavy. The Schecters have a nice overall feel to them, but I am not crazy about some of the EMG pups they put in some of their models.

What says you guys. Who makes a better bass ESP or Schecter.

• Members

Are you talking LTD or real ESP? ESP makes a great instrument, and I'd pick them any day over the Schecter. I've never been a fan of LTD...but if it feels better for you, than that is what I would suggest. Don't the LTD's have EMG HZ pickups in them?

How do you even go about getting a real ESP? I've been aware of them for years, but I don't think I've ever actually seen one.

• Members

I personally play Schecters....er, well a Schecter. I own this one http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Stiletto-Custom5-Bass?sku=513050 and I love everything about it. You have alot of options with your tone and the bass itself is built like a tank and plays like a dream. I have no complaints about Schecters and actually plan on buying a 4 string version of the Hellraiser here in the next couple weeks. I actually owned the ESP LTD 5 string with active electronics in it and needless to say I dont have it anymore cause I just didnt like the sound of it. Either way just play whichever one you love and good luck.

• Members

I've got the Studio version of tahat Schecter and absolutely love it! I like the EMG's and how they sound, I also like the active EQ because I can change my sound quickly. IMHO if you want more thump, there is always the EQ on your amp (mine is always flat....) I can't think of a better bass for the money.

Archived