ripper > hiwatt clip

Guttermouth

• Members

i got a hiwatt custom 100 this week and thought i'd blow my eardrums up with it today. (my neighbors HAVE to love me :))

anyway, remus asked about the ripper through a cranked amp so here it is:

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5948508&q=hi

you'll have to excuse the various rattles /noises etc... the hiwatt was rattling the house.

the chain is ripper> hiwatt>avatar212> sm57 ( transformer removed).i figure if it's good enough for entwistle.........

• Members

I think so too, there is alot of hate for Gibson out there. Hell wasn't there a thread on here a day or two ago :mad:

IMHO this bass sits so neatly between P and Ric it's unreal, can't wait to get one and pretend I can play it as well as you :thu:

• Members

I think so too, there is alot of hate for Gibson out there. Hell wasn't there a thread on here a day or two ago
:mad:

IMHO this bass sits so neatly between P and Ric it's unreal, can't wait to get one and pretend I can play it as well as you
:thu:

i think you may be right -seems like i remember an anti gibson thread a minute ago.

one of the switch settings on the ripper ( both pickups full on iirc) sounds identical to a really meaty p.it makes you wanna play motown licks :)

• Members

i am almost exactly between memphis and nashville ( about 20 minutes north of jackson)

what brings you to tn?

Business.

I'm in sales and my territory is GA, TN AR, & LA.

I expect (and am expected) to be in TN about once a month.

I met Kindness when I was in Chicago for training, and I hope to get back there as well, either for business or pleasure.

• Members

Business.

I'm in sales and my territory is GA, TN AR, & LA.

I expect (and am expected) to be in TN about once a month.

I met Kindness when I was in Chicago for training, and I hope to get back there as well, either for business or pleasure.

aaah well, i'm kind of out in the "sticks" but if you get up this way lemme know and we'll get together and watch the grass grow :)

• Members

so...just pull the transformer? How hard is this to do/undo?

ummm well....

you kinda have to boil it :)

shure fills the body with a bunch of glue to hold the transformer in. you cut the head unit and xlr connections and pull em, put the mic body in boiling water for about 10 minutes or so and dig it out.

then you wire the head unit to the xlr connector and put the whole thing back together. you lose about 10 db in the process so it's not something you wanna do if you've got sissy pres but the mic is much rounder sounding and has a bit more bass content. i've got a graph around here somewhere.......

• Members

ummm well....

you kinda have to boil it
:)

shure fills the body with a bunch of glue to hold the transformer in. you cut the head unit and xlr connections and pull em, put the mic body in boiling water for about 10 minutes or so and dig it out.

then you wire the head unit to the xlr connector and put the whole thing back together. you lose about 10 db in the process so it's not something you wanna do if you've got sissy pres but the mic is much rounder sounding and has a bit more bass content. i've got a graph around here somewhere.......

Dude, you amaze me sometimes with these things........hahahah.

Archived