OT: Positive mojo appreciated

bleepo

• Members

Tonight my mom was sent to a hospice for her final days. A few years ago her liver failed, and then her kidneys followed suit. Today her home care nurse informed us that her suffering was beyond treatment, and that she should be taken to the hospital.

She had told her doctors that once they can't do anything for her, they should let her die. That day finally came today. She is unable to eat, and all kidney treatment has been halted.

It's just a matter of whether her body poisons itself, she starves, or her body just gives up.

I'm not sure why I typed that, but I think it helped make me feel better. :(

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That sucks man
:(
i can't imagine what it's like to lose a parent

It sucks big time. I lost both my parents within 30 days of each other.

Spend as much time & love with them as you can while you can. They've been with you all your life so it seems like they'll be around forever. They won't.

My sincere condolences Bleepo...

• Members

...Yea, I have no idea what i'm doing at home. I should be at the hospice.

Maybe you just need some time to yourself? I used to deliver to a hospice daily for months, the staff was so nice treating the people. I don't know how they did it.

My grandmother passed away 11 years ago, after being on kidney dialysis for about 5 years. She probably would have stayed with us for a while longer but lost her will to live. Shortly before she died, my Grandfather just forgot to wake up one day after going through the final stages of Alzheimer's. They were married for 57 years.

Regards to you and yours and may she suffer as little as possible.

• Members

So sorry to hear that bleepo.

My mom passed a year ago, ulcerated colon, nothing they could do. She chose hospice at home, in her bed. I was able to be there for her, as we all were and took turns. Whatever you do, don't blame yourself, and don't forget to take care of yourself. You need breaks, food, showers, sleep, or you will be shot before she's gone.

Best of mojo to you buds.

• Members

Sorry to hear that man. The same thing happened to my Mom a little over a year ago. Drop what you're doing and go to her bedside, let her know you're there, you love her and that it's OK to let go and everyone will be fine.

Telling her it's ok to die may sound cruel, but having watched both my Parents die you'll be surprised at how peaceful everything will become when those words are said. To me, the whole atmosphere of the room changed. You really don't know if they're hanging on to not upset the Family or not, so letting them know it's ok just may be what they need to hear.

Peace my man, from someone who knows.

Franny

• Members

Sorry to hear that man. The same thing happened to my Mom a little over a year ago. Drop what you're doing and go to her bedside, let her know you're there, you love her and that it's OK to let go and everyone will be fine.

Telling her it's ok to die may sound cruel, but having watched both my Parents die you'll be surprised at how peaceful everything will become when those words are said. To me, the whole atmosphere of the room changed. You really don't know if they're hanging on to not upset the Family or not, so letting them know it's ok just may be what they need to hear.

Peace my man, from someone who knows.

Franny

Very wise words. Good on ya Fran.

Archived