Favorite bass overdrive/distortion pedal

Conformer

• Members

On my board:

Dave Hall Amps VT1 (it's, ahem... "valve" equipped)

Fulltone Bassdrive (Tubescreamer derivative)

Wren and Cuff Pickle Pie (Way Huge Swollen Pickle clone)

Volume pedal to push SVT

Behind me: SVT

The VT1 gets shut off when the playing is loud enough for SVT tube overdrive to come out.

• Members

my favorites are

in first place, the Sonny & Sanford Bluebeard Fuzz... its my personal favorite... this is only for apocaliptic distortion, and it doesnt take away almost any of your bottom end, it sounds insane but its true... it goes for 160$ shipped to the US...

guttermouths' Doom fuzz pedal sounds amazing! i have total GAS for it... maybe you can ask him to build you one...

Fulltone Bass Drive is great and versatyle, but takes away too much bottom end IMO...

Tech 21 XXL - these sounded pretty good to me, going through the loop... but others beg to differ...

the older versions of the Big Muffs... the green box Sovtek Big Muffs, the 70's model, or the 90's reissue of it... i like the 70's better though... its really expensive too, and mostly only found on Ebay...

• Members

...I really dig the EBS Multidrive, but I'm lookin fer sumthin with a little more bite, was looking at the Depth Charge....Whats the sound like on those puppies...The EBS I find is good at giving a tube like grind up to a medium overdrive, nuthin too over the top...I should mention the high end seems to be a little subdued on this pedal and it beefs up the low end a good amount.

Archived