anyone have or had experiance with the marshall vba tube amp??

lumpy555

• Members

its brand new for this year i think,as i still am intrigued everytime i fire iit up at the local music shop in town,and i thinks i have the shop owner talked into a possible sale on it ,and he will call it a florr model,but its new just pricey. callin it a floor model will give a super discount on it. soooo i need to hear from anyone that has spent time with it as i only demo it here an there. also i wonder if it is built like the older marshall bass amps as it only has a small amout of knobs to tweak,bass,contor,middle,treble,volume. seems to have several tubes as well!!

• Members

They've been making that amp for about 4 or 5 years now. I played one for a little bit in a store and thought smoked. It's a sledgehammer.
:thu:

Yup. It's loud as {censored}. Not my particular preference in tone, but that's an individual thing. For what it's designed for, it's a terrific sounding amp though.

• Members

thanks guys,i really appreciate the honest answes! do i keep my gb-600? or let a forumite here have first dibs? the wifey bitches a little when she see two of the same pieces of gear,the sweet part about her is she plays guitar,harmonicas,fllutes,YES,THE SKIN AS WELL! HA HA !!,seriosly she knows that I really dont need 2-bass amps. i tried to talk her into sellin just one of her seven guitars and the results were not good. she told me to take a FLYING F__K on a rolling donut! i fuggin LOVE donuts!!!!!!!!!!!! lumpy.....aaaaarrrrggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived