Fender BXR

randy rhoads jr

• Members

I've been using one for years as a back up combo. The tone is alright but there are a ton of EQ options. If you can get it on the cheap, you can't go wrong. The chorus on it is a nice feature but I hardly use chorus. It is heavy but it works great. What's the price on it?

Yo.

• Members

I've been using one for years as a back up combo. The tone is alright but there are a ton of EQ options. If you can get it on the cheap, you can't go wrong. The chorus on it is a nice feature but I hardly use chorus. It is heavy but it works great. What's the price on it?

Yo.

The price is $350 o.b.o Canadian. It's got casters too. The chorus might be a good feature for me, since ive been wanting a chorus pedal anyways!

• Members

BXR amps are loud, tough, dependable and sterile.

If you can get ahold of a preamp of some kind to run before it, you will be thrilled.

The speakers in the BXR series were the downfall.. really cruddy celestions that just sounded a bit farty.

I used a BXR300 for years very happily and wish i still had it:thu:

• Members

my bassist has used a bxr300 1x15 combo for the last two years until he got his new rig last week. It was a decent sounding rig and I think if you added a 2x10 or 4x10 it would sound pretty good but just having a single 15 makes for not a lot of clarity. Overall good amp for the money for sure and as noted these things weigh a ton!

Archived