Talk about going from 0-60.

willsellout

• Members

And then back to zero.

I was supposed to go up to Portland Sunday to pick up the wife and drive back Monday. Then Tuesday I was supposed to go to a conference about 6 hours drive away for the next 4 days. Now it turns out the wife and daughter are sick and don't think they will be able to fly so they are staying another week:cry:, and my conference has been cancelled. Well at least this way I can do the fret job on the SB2 this week when my tools come in. I do miss my wife and daughter though:(

Dan

• Members

That's a drag. I guess enjoy the time at home alone. I would enjoy that, personally. Aside from wanting to be with my wife.

I was home alone for 6 months while my wife lived in Atlanta for work training. I'm one of those people that needs to be alone for a few hours a day to collect myself, but day after day got to be a downer. I wasn't in a band at the time, either, so I racked up several thousand posts on here and ate dinner at my mom's house alot. :D

C7

• Members

That's a drag. I guess enjoy the time at home alone. I would enjoy that, personally. Aside from wanting to be with my wife.

I was home alone for 6 months while my wife lived in Atlanta for work training. I'm one of those people that needs to be alone for a few hours a day to collect myself, but day after day got to be a downer. I wasn't in a band at the time, either, so I racked up several thousand posts on here and ate dinner at my mom's house alot.
:D
C7

I do enjoy the time alone for sure..but after two weeks I'm ready for them to come back. I have racked up at least a few hundred posts on here in the past two weeks. There isn't {censored} to do in Oregon worthwhile..i mean there is only so much hiking you can do. So I've been at home, cooking, posting, and playing bass..oh and drinking:D

Dan

• Members

Yeah, two weeks is plenty. I was able to see my wife once a month, sometimes twice, over the course of the 6 months, usually for a long weekend. It was tough to get on the plane sometimes. It's been worth it, though, long term.

I came very close to going to Atlanta myself for the same training. It's tough to say what the impact of us being apart for 12 out of 18 months would have been...

C7

• Members

Yeah, two weeks is plenty. I was able to see my wife once a month, sometimes twice, over the course of the 6 months, usually for a long weekend. It was tough to get on the plane sometimes. It's been worth it, though, long term.

I came very close to going to Atlanta myself for the same training. It's tough to say what the impact of us being apart for 12 out of 18 months would have been...

C7

that would suck for sure. I'm hoping the CG doesn't send me to a boat. Some of them go out for 3 months at a shot. I am a man who enjoys time away, probably much like you, but I do enjoy my wife a lot...and my daughter is just life incarnate running around the house and it's weird not having that around.

Dan

• Members

:blah:

I lived there for 18 years and enjoyed it.

Yeah, it's not bad, but my area isn't exactly a nice looking blemish on the face of 'Merika. :p

Actually, the scenery and such are beautiful, but the erratic climate and related things make me dislike this place more and more, even though I've lived here my entire life.

I also don't like the stigma that comes with being from where I'm from. Why? Because most of it is well-bought by similar, if not exact, action. It's not just one example based prejudice, it's "most people from here are the way that you think". :p

• Members

It's not just one example based prejudice, it's "most people from here are the way that you think".
:p

It's just as bad in the North...except here it's more closeted (which I contend is worse). At least in the South if someone doesn't like you because you're black they'll say it to your face. Up here, it's hush-hush secretive bull{censored}.

• Members

It's just as bad in the North...except here it's more closeted (which I contend is worse). At least in the South if someone doesn't like you because you're black they'll say it to your face. Up here, it's hush-hush secretive bull{censored}.

I've ended up having a fusion of that, I suppose. I've got no automatic preference, but I do harshly judge someone once they start speaking. :p I also refrain from dicking around when I've got something to say, especially if I have a problem with someone.

I also feel that it's better to be open. It's still a disrespect, but it's far more honorable, in my eyes, all told.

Archived