i just purchased a suit at walmart.

jonathan_matos5

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I refuse to go into Walmart. I haven't been in one for like 3 years, I've sat in the car in the summer just to avoid going in.

Dood, you're missing out!!! Wal- Mart has the dumbest people on earth shopping in it, and it's a laugh riot to watch them!

• Members

Dood, you're missing out!!! Wal- Mart has the dumbest people on earth shopping in it, and it's a laugh riot to watch them!

That's the reason I don't go. It's kind of sad. But we have Target and Publix (it's only in like 3 states, and the bastards won't hire me) right next to each other. So why suffer through a trip to Walmart?

• Members

Why do you say you won't go into Wal*Mart, yet admit to shopping at Target? Both are retail establishments cut from the same cloth. Wal*Mart just happens to be a bit more successful, although Target is a bit better on some things like softlines.

There's nothing wrong with Wal*Mart. The shoppers you run into are largely influenced by the neighborhood. I've been into Wal*Marts where I didn't see any ghetto folks or white trash at all. I've also been into Wal*Marts that were downright frightening. The same is true with Target, or any other large retail establishment. When I lived in Minneapolis the nearby Target was known by everyone as "Targhetto." I've seen people get busted by the cops right at the front entrance there, something I've never seen at Wal*Mart.

I don't understand why people bash Wal*Mart all the time, unless they've bought into the anti-WM propaganda and jumped on the bandwagon. If you don't like Wal*Mart, don't shop there - just don't insult those that do.

• Members

Why do you say you won't go into Wal*Mart, yet admit to shopping at Target? Both are retail establishments cut from the same cloth. Wal*Mart just happens to be a bit more successful, although Target is a bit better on some things like softlines.

There's nothing wrong with Wal*Mart. The shoppers you run into are largely influenced by the neighborhood. I've been into Wal*Marts where I didn't see any ghetto folks or white trash at all. I've also been into Wal*Marts that were downright frightening. The same is true with Target, or any other large retail establishment. When I lived in Minneapolis the nearby Target was known by everyone as "Targhetto." I've seen people get busted by the cops right at the front entrance there, something I've never seen at Wal*Mart.

I don't understand why people bash Wal*Mart all the time, unless they've bought into the anti-WM propaganda and jumped on the bandwagon. If you don't like Wal*Mart, don't shop there - just don't insult those that do.

...yeah, well, lots of people (especially young/younger Libs) HAVE bought into the anti/evil-Walmart thing...

...Walmart saves a lot of people a lot of scratch & provides a lot of jobs to people that might not have had one otherwise...

...and yes, if you don't like Walmart, just don't shop there, plain & simple...

• Members

Don't listen to these guys.

You bought a suit so you could get laid by the type of female that likes the look.

Actually i bought the suit because i need to wear black and white for the College concert band gigs. if i get laid because some chick likes the way i look in it then thats a bonus:D

I do need the dark glasses and hat to complete the blues brothers look:)

• Members

So, let me get this straight - you're saying nobody should insult the people that shop at Wal Mart, but it's ok for you to insult the people that disagree with Wal Mart's business practices. Nice.

• Members
Actually i bought the suit because i need to wear black and white for the College concert band gigs. if i get laid because some chick likes the way i look in it then thats a bonus:D

I do need the dark glasses and hat to complete the blues brothers look:)

Get the shades.

There are lots of babes out there who like the suits. Especially on a musician. :thu:

You'll being getting some horizontal refreshment before you know it. Just don't get anyone pregnant (too many single parents already) and try not to catch anything.

A nice addition to the suit; take some Aquadots with you. :D

I didn't just write that........... :wave:

• Members

So, let me get this straight - you're saying nobody should insult the people that shop at Wal Mart, but it's ok for you to insult the people that disagree with Wal Mart's business practices. Nice.

How did I insult people who disagree with Wal*Mart's business practices?

• Members

Perhaps I should've stated my point clearer. I wasn't aiming the last sentence at anyone in particular. So far no one in this thread has actually attacked someone for shopping at Wal*Mart. We've made fun of the people that shop at some Wal*Mart locations because they're white/ghetto trash, but not because of their choice in retail establishments. My comment is directed towards the "Wal*Mart Watch" type of folks. I know we must have some of them hiding around here somewhere...

• Members

How did I insult people who disagree with Wal*Mart's business practices?

You've relegated anyone who disagrees with Wal Mart's business practices to having "bought into the anti-WM propaganda and jumped on the bandwagon", which is quite insulting - you're saying their concerns are utterly invalid (edit: and more importantly, you're implying that their concerns couldn't possibly based on fact) and not even worth considering. Saying the opinions of a large class of people are irrelevant is rather insulting, no?

• Members

Perhaps I should've stated my point clearer. I wasn't aiming the last sentence at anyone in particular. So far no one in this thread has actually attacked someone for shopping at Wal*Mart. We've made fun of the people that shop at some Wal*Mart locations because they're white/ghetto trash, but not because of their choice in retail establishments. My comment is directed towards the "Wal*Mart Watch" type of folks. I know we must have some of them hiding around here somewhere...

I'm hardly hiding.

• Members

You belong to Wal*Mart Watch?

Not yet, but it sounds like they may be my "type" (which is what you specified), I'll have to go look them up.

I don't see how anyone who has taken an honest look at Wal Mart's business practices can think they are "ok". From my perspective, their behavior is so obviously unethical, immoral, and frequently and repeatedly illegal, that I do not see how anyone with decent ethics or morals could think their behavior is acceptable.

• Members

Okay then. If my comment offended you or anyone else, then I apologize.

I have no problem with insults being tossed around on here, it happens all of the time on divisive issues. I do have a problem with people asking folks not to insult others while pretending not to be doing it themselves.

• Members

...Walmart saves a lot of people a lot of scratch & provides a lot of jobs to people that might not have had one otherwise...

Now this one is just not true. It can be statistically shown that Walmart most likely provides very few jobs that would not have existed otherwise.

• Members

I don't see how anyone who has taken an honest look at Wal Mart's business practices can think they are "ok". From my perspective, their behavior is so obviously unethical, immoral, and frequently and repeatedly illegal, that I do not see how anyone with decent ethics or morals could think their behavior is acceptable.

Its because they like cheap {censored}. As long as it costs less, they take the "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil" approach.

Personally, I do not shop at Walmart and I try to avoid buying things that are made in China.

• Members

Now this one is just not true. It can be statistically shown that Walmart most likely provides very few jobs that would not have existed otherwise.

That's bull{censored} IMO. Come to Coos Bay. This place is a {censored} hole and if it didn't have Wal-Mart, the jobs would be few and far between. Since Wal-Mart has come into town the economic status has improved greatly. It's brought other businesses in and increased the cash flow into the local economy by all the tourists that come to the dunes. Wal-Mart is a good thing here for sure. Not to mention they make having a kid actually possible with their cheap clothes and diaper and formula prices. Instead of paying 20 bucks for pants that m daughter will grow out of in a month, I pay 6 or 8. Thats a huge savings. Most everything is a couple bucks cheaper and it has saved my family quite a bit. Is WalMart evil? I don't really know as you can't get a straight scoop from an unbiased party. All information about Wal-Mart is either from the lovers or the haters. Personally I don't care, I have bigger problems than a Wal-Mart.

Dan

Archived