Eden Nemesis NC210 - extension cabinet?

Jim-Bass

• Members

I have an Eden Nemesis NC120 with a jack for external cabinet, and an on/off switch for the internal speaker. If I connect an extran cab, say a 15" of compatible specs, will the siganl play through both the Eden and the connected eternal or only the external or does it depend on the on/ff switch?

I've had small combos before ( like 40W) which bypass the internal speaker when an ext is connected, nor did they have a switch to turn the internal on/off.

The manual is a bit vague on this question, although it it does say 'the (ext) jack is configured as a series connection point'...and to 'leave the speaker switch in the ON position''

If I had a 15" cab I work this out myself, but just thought someone might be able to answer

• Members

The on/off switch kills the signal to the output jacks. The feature is intended for practicing quietly with headphones.

understood ...but what I meant is if I have the switch in the 'On' and connect an extension cab, does the output come from both the Nemesis 10's and the connected cab together, or just the connected cab, as I have experienced in other combos. I'm not referring to the headphones practice feature.

• Members

I had a NC210 for a while and loved it. I was going to get a cab to go with it but I opted to upgrade instead. The way the NC210 is wired your ohm load will be additive. It's 4ohm so if you add a 4ohm cab your load goes to 8 ohms, add an 8ohm cab, it goes to 12 ohms, etc. Something to think about if you want to beef up your sound. You might want to look at the WT550.

• Members

I had a NC210 for a while and loved it. I was going to get a cab to go with it but I opted to upgrade instead. The way the NC210 is wired your ohm load will be additive. It's 4ohm so if you add a 4ohm cab your load goes to 8 ohms, add an 8ohm cab, it goes to 12 ohms, etc. Something to think about if you want to beef up your sound. You might want to look at the WT550.

Weird!

My apologies for giving incorrect info. I used to have a Nemesis 210 combo but it mighta been an NC-200 actually

• Members

Weird!

My apologies for giving incorrect info. I used to have a Nemesis 210 combo but it mighta been an NC-200 actually

No apology necessary. I don't know about the older 200 watt combo but the newer Nemesis models are wired in series for some reason. All Eden heads and combos are wired in parallel.

Archived