Warmoth 8 String, Which Body?

ToeJamFootball

• Members

Where can you get a bridge and nut to do this?

If I got a Jazz it would have to have the standard Jazz Headstock it would look crap without it.

Nope there are basses out there with a different headstock. I remember seeing a Hanewinckel in Jazz form with his headstock and it looked nice.

Dan

• Members

Honestly, there won't be enough room on a standard Jazz headstock for all the tuners. I suppose you could mount the octave tuners on the bottom of the headstock but it would create all kinds of weird tension across the nut.

Unless you got someone to design and build a radically new bridge with tuners for the octave strings on it. I wouldn't even know where to start thinking about that.

• Members
Honestly, there won't be enough room on a standard Jazz headstock for all the tuners. I suppose you could mount the octave tuners on the bottom of the headstock but it would create all kinds of weird tension across the nut.

Unless you got someone to design and build a radically new bridge with tuners for the octave strings on it. I wouldn't even know where to start thinking about that.

I've seen it done this way before. There is only the standard four tuners on the headstock, and the octave tuners are at the bridge.

• Members

It think with Warmoth you're pretty much limited to the large 4x4 headstock for an eight string bass, unless you want them to leave a paddle and cut it yourself. I think the jazz is a good idea, or maybe their dinky style for the same vibe but a little slimmed down.

• Members

For some reason I only like explorer as a guitar.

Me too, because NOBODY gets the look right. It is NOT okay to have an Explorer without a pickguard regardless of whether or not you actually use a pick. It should have a tune-o-matic bass bridge(or Gibson 3-point), chrome humbucker sized pickups and the traditional Explorer guitar electronics including pickup selector switch. Epiphone came the closest but they still used soapbar pickups instead of the real thing. All of these other copies with dull generic colours and no pickguard are very uninspiring to look at.

• Members

Me too, because NOBODY gets the look right. It is NOT okay to have an Explorer without a pickguard regardless of whether or not you actually use a pick. It should have a tune-o-matic bass bridge(or Gibson 3-point), chrome humbucker sized pickups and the traditional Explorer guitar electronics including pickup selector switch. Epiphone came the closest but they still used soapbar pickups instead of the real thing. All of these other copies with dull generic colours and no pickguard are very uninspiring to look at.

I have to agree there... buuuuut the Sexplorer is just so... um SEXY :eek:

8 string Mockingbird or TJF's own suggestion of an 8 string RD.... mmmmm.

Archived