Lakland Basses Audio Page!!

blueyedmule

• Members

I started out just looking for audio clips of Dark Star pickups. I remembered that the Lakland website hosted a few. I really like the bass that Lakland has developed around those pickups, the Decade bass. It's a great-soundin' bass if you like 'em like Sir MixaLot likes his wimmens. :) Hell, I liked how it sounded slapped.

I think the suprise for me was the Jerry Scheff bass with the Kent Armstrong pickups. My wife liked it best as well. To me this bass did everything well and has a great mix of big bottom, nice growl, pretty bell-tone, good pick tone, and a twist of vintage flavor. Definitely it isn't gonna be a universal favorite as a go-anywhere bass. I can see lots of folks picking the 44-01 or 55-02 basses. I thought they were great but just didn't capture my interest like the Scheff bass did.

Best pick punk and other rock styles I thought was the Glaub p/j bass, handsdown. It just seemed the most at home there of all the basses.

• Members

wow~I like the sound from a 55-02 bass~

The 55-02 is definitely an all-'rounder, especially if you like a very modern sound--clean, bright, tight and defined. Can't go wrong with that bass.

I didn't hear a bad sound come out of any of these basses. :)

The Jazz basses were all great, too. It's tough to pick just one.

• Members

Yeah, it's a great feature! I remember spending like an hour sitting at my computer, listening to different clips over and over again.
:lol:

My wife went to bed well over an hour ago. I told her I'd be right behind her.. .ah, well.

I think if I didn't go with the Scheff bass I'd really have to pick the Glaub P/J bass as best all-'rounder, though I liked the Jazz basses too.

Ok, I'll take one of each!

Archived