Talk me out of it

Zebra

• Members

no no no no no. HB's on a strat on the bridge sound like ass. Also---that bridge is a bitch to set up and will never fully intonate, get a classic design strat or even better a G&L legacy. Believe me bro. Don't do it.

That G&L would be nice but it's about 10X the price range I'm looking at. :/

A floyd tremelo will be dificult to work with at first, but once you can handle it it doesn't suffer from tuning issues other tremelos do. This particular version I don't know about, though.

I'd probably like the SC in the bridge better, but it's the neck pickup that I really like, so I'd go either way.

• Members

I'll second that . . . I've wanted to like a floyd rose setup but after playing many guitars I find the FR isn't worth the trouble OVERALL; however if you know how to work em, like the man said ^ -- don't let it hold you back from acquiring this gear

That said, I'll take the white one. . . and for $120 from Rondo, why not?

:wave:

A couple years ago I bought a tobacco sunburst strat knockoff by an unheard of company called S101 . . . was pretty much blown away by the quality and sound from this chinese P.O.S. that I got for $42 eBay;

Have since bought a P bass by them that is unbleevbly suh-weet (considering it cost $100). Saving up for their jazz box.

I encourage you to follow your desires.

• Members

I'll second that . . . I've wanted to like a floyd rose setup but after playing many guitars I find the FR isn't worth the trouble OVERALL; however if you know how to work em, like the man said ^ -- don't let it hold you back from acquiring this gear

That said, I'll take the white one. . . and for $120 from Rondo, why not?

:wave:

A couple years ago I bought a tobacco sunburst strat knockoff by an unheard of company called S101 . . . was pretty much blown away by the quality and sound from this chinese P.O.S. that I got for $42 eBay;

Have since bought a P bass by them that is unbleevbly suh-weet (considering it cost $100). Saving up for their jazz box.

I encourage you to follow your desires.

I have an S101 P bass! :D

They are amazingly good for the cash. It's cool to see that there's some consistency in their products.

The "S101's" appear sort of randomly under different names. They're hard to track down, but still around.

Archived