Earbuds for casual listening?

ModmanQ6

• Members

So what are some good inexpensive earbuds out there? I'd like to stay under $50 if possible and have seen some from Phillips, JVC, Koss, and Skull candy... any opinions?

I want something with small rubber ear inserts that aren't the large hard units... soft comfortable and that make a good seal for good bass response at low levels...

• Members

I picked up a set of "ultimate ears" in ear monitor buds on a great cheap closeout deal someone posted here a while back - they're wonderful for listening to music, very loud, clear, tremendous bass response. I popped them on for the first time at work, listening to Dvorak's New World Symphony while coding away - when it got to the first crescendo, it was so loud I had to crank the volume down to about 50% - first time that had ever happened listening to CDs on my laptop.

Edit - I find them quite comfortable, too, even after long periods, though they are a tad larger than typical earbuds.

• Members

Sony still makes the best ear buds in that price range. If Koss would change the impedance of their ear buds, they'd be right in there with the competition. You basically have to turn the volume on your portable all the way up to hear anything! Get Sony's.

• Members

Sony still makes the best ear buds in that price range. If Koss would change the impedance of their ear buds, they'd be right in there with the competition. You basically have to turn the volume on your portable all the way up to hear anything! Get Sony's.

They'd also have to make things that didn't look like they were about to fall apart.

Then they'd have to work on making things that didn't fall apart.

Archived