at GC this morning...

frunobulax

• Members

played one of these -

44-02_4.jpg

damn, what a nice bass. setup perfectly (it was used), it played beautifully all the way up the neck. interesting neck, halfway between a P and a J for width. nice responsive controls.

$750

is that a decent price for a Skyline? excellent condition.

played a Fender Marcus Miller and the Lakland blew it away.

also played one of these -

55-94.jpg

very nice as well, but the 5 string thing just isn't for me.

and played a couple of Stingray 5ers that were disappointing.

then i left before i dropped the $$$ on a bass i don't need.

• Members

i also played a lakland skyline 5 string bass this weekend. it was also used at GC. active dual bart soapbars and of course they set you up through their nicest rig SVT into the fridge. sounded sweet once the dude screwed around with the settings for 10 minutes. couldnt tell if i was liking the bass's tone or the amps. pretty sure it was the amp i was digging.

i want to get into a 5 string bass but i dont like any 5er ive played so far. the necks are too big to me and i never use the 5th string. seems like the "cool guy" thing to do now is play a 5er but i may stick to 4 strings for now.

• Members

750's a fair price...I have a 44-02 with the Lakland pups...very very nice.

One thing I really like about it, aside from how well it plays, is the versatility of the active 3 band. I feel confident that I can plug into any backline and dial in what I want to hear....or close enough to it.

That is a big big plus for me....you got it pretty much right there at your finger tips....just eq the rig flat and set your volume....bada bing...

• Members

750's a fair price...I have a 44-02 with the Lakland pups...very very nice.

One thing I really like about it, aside from how well it plays, is the versatility of the active 3 band. I feel confident that I can plug into any backline and dial in what I want to hear....or close enough to it.

That is a big big plus for me....you got it pretty much right there at your finger tips....just eq the rig flat and set your volume....bada bing...

yup. great basses. I had a 44-02 deluxe with the Bart setup an thought it was a terrific bass. $750 is a good price for that bass as well.

Archived