Listening to tunes on headphones

Thunderbroom

• Members

ROCKS!

I got a set of Sennheiser RS120's a week or so ago for my office. They're wireless and sound pretty good. It's great sitting behind the computer, not bothering my officemate, and not getting tangled in the cord.

Most importantly, I'm listening to some tunes that I've never listened to before with headphones and didn't realize how much I had missed in the songs.

:thu:

• Members

I use headphones exclusively at work for audio mixing for video and while they're a very good solution for hearing "new things" in a mix or getting a great frequency response easily, they're not always the best. Headphones can exaggerate sounds and you don't get a true feel for the imaging that two discrete speakers sitting in front of you have.

But for quiet music listening, a set of cans is the cat's meow! :thu:

• Members

I really hate when people at the office feel they have the right to impose their choice of music on their neighbors and passers-by. One guy down the hall from me used to do that all of the time, until someone posted a sign on his door saying "Warning - Entering Easy Listening Hell" - he got the hint and got headphones.

• Members

I really hate when people at the office feel they have the right to impose their choice of music on their neighbors and passers-by. One guy down the hall from me used to do that all of the time, until someone posted a sign on his door saying "Warning - Entering Easy Listening Hell" - he got the hint and got headphones.

When any radio station says they're "the station everyone can agree on", I KNOW I'm not going to agree on it.

• Members

Be careful with cranking up the volume with headphones. Research seems to indicate that people are more likely to crank the volume up even louder after prolonged headphone use than with a stereo (car, home). Your ears are also right at the speakers, basically, so you're getting the full effect.

Had to write a paper on this for a health class a while back. Headphones were a problem, though cell phones were even worse for hearing loss issues.

Thus, it's rare that I use headphones. Even for computer gaming, I stick to my speakers and a mic on a stand. My friend keeps trying to get me to get a gaming headset. Eventually, I'll have to once my wife and I are in the same room for our computers. Oh well.

Archived