I just quit the band

no-logic

• Members

I just got off the phone with our drummer and good friend of mine. I told him I was feed up with our lead guitard and I was leaving. We talked for a while and he told me to think about it some more. I said that I had and that was it. I'll be playing out our last 2 gigs so I don't leave them hanging. I feel better......but I am sad. :cry: I have been playing with the drummer and our singer for 9 years.

• Members

Instead of you quitting, why don't you kick out the guitarist. Unless everyone else likes him.

I agree, this would make more sense...

Are you the one with the deaf geezer guitard who always turns his tube amp up way too loud to get "his sound"?

• Members

I agree, this would make more sense...

Are you the one with the deaf geezer guitard who always turns his tube amp up way too loud to get "his sound"?

No, not me. This guy was going to leave but the other 2 guys kissed his ass to stay. So I am leaving. Check this thread:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1795389

• Moderators
No, not me. This guy was going to leave but the other 2 guys kissed his ass to stay. So I am leaving. Check this thread:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1795389

A gig every 6-8 weeks? How does a band that only plays out that much have enough of a following to warrant getting paid $1200 to $1500 a gig? They won't be able to meet that requirement, so I'm not sure the remaining 3 as a band will have legs. Good luck with your situation. I have a feeling that band would reform in the future with you and a different guitard.

• Members

Something tells me that you two friends won't last all that long with him. Either they'll get tired of him or the band will implode altogether -- I've seen that stuff too many times before. I'm guessing that, in 8-9 months, you'll be back playing with your buds.

• Members

Something tells me that you two friends won't last all that long with him. Either they'll get tired of him or the band will implode altogether -- I've seen that stuff too many times before. I'm guessing that, in 8-9 months, you'll be back playing with your buds.

That's what the drummer said too. Once the guitard realizes that his requirements won't/can't be met, he will leave anyway. I give them 2 months.

• Members

And here is what he wants to happen to stay.

* No more than a gig every 6-8 weeks
:blah:
* Better paying gigs....like $1200-$1500 per gig
* Hire out the sound and lights
* Get an agent to get us these good paying gigs

Two questions: (1) is the guitarist a crack addict? ; (2) is his brain damage bad enough that he has to wear a helmet?

Emre

• Members

+1 about dead band. This guitard will never find a serious bassplayer to follow him.

You can say that to your buds "hey buds, i'm available to create another band with you. But think about it quickly because a lot of bands look for a bassplayer around there.."

• Members

seems we've over looked something I would see as potential drama soon, these last 2 shows, surely the guitard will cram his foot down his mouth over you quitting and either try to get you to stay, or just say something so stupid you'll want to crack him upside the head with your bass, and strangle him with your E string. (hopefully its .115 wouldn't want it snapping mid strangle on ya!)

1 gig every 6 to 8 weeks leaves you friends plenty free to do another band, and I'm assuming they want to play more than once every 2 months.

But perhaps this break is EXACTLY what you need. 9 years is a long time, and not having a steady musical output will help you appreciate it when you get it back. I know thats what happened to me after being bandless for 3 months. Now I'm back in one, and my passion for it is stronger than its been since I was in high school.

Archived