gk 800rb outs

mdd30

• Members

I have a Gallien Krueger 800rb, one of the older ones. I'm using a GK 410sbx+ cab, which I like a lot, but wouldn't mind adding another 4x10 or 1x15, or even 2x15. It's not a necessity, so I'm kind of looking for deals, and if I come across something that catches my eye, I might look into it. I have found a used Genz Benz 410 cab, I believe it's the t something series, the one with the white around the speakers, for a pretty good price. It's kind of beat up, but I'm not too concerned with appearance...it's good enough for me. The thing is, my GK cab is a 4 ohm cab, and the Genz Benz is an 8 ohm cab. Does anyone know if I run my head with one 4 ohm out to one cab and the other 4 ohm out to the other, am I gonna screw somethin' up? I don't think the 100 watt 8 ohm out on the head is gonna do much for the Benz cab. Just curious if anyone would know, cuz I don't....thanks for any info!

• Members

You can only do a 4 ohm load off of the 300w power amp, and an 8 ohm load off of the 100w power amp. I assume you use the 300w amp for the GK cab, and since it's a 4 ohm cab you're giving it the full 300w.

If you use the 100w amp for the GB cab, you'll be pushing like 50w to it...and it's pretty much worthless to you at that point.

Your amp won't go down past 4 ohms, so running a 4 ohm and an 8 ohm (2.67 ohms together) isn't an option.

The best bet, if you want more cabs is to get two 8 ohm cabs...

• Members

You can only do a 4 ohm load off of the 300w power amp, and an 8 ohm load off of the 100w power amp. I assume you use the 300w amp for the GK cab, and since it's a 4 ohm cab you're giving it the full 300w.

If you use the 100w amp for the GB cab, you'll be pushing like 50w to it...and it's pretty much worthless to you at that point.

Your amp won't go down past 4 ohms, so running a 4 ohm and an 8 ohm (2.67 ohms together) isn't an option.

The best bet, if you want more cabs is to get two 8 ohm cabs...

Okay, see, I thought that the 300 watt 4 ohm outs were 4 ohms per, meaning I could run one 4 ohm cab with one out, and another 4 ohm cab with the other. I'm not even looking into using the 100 watt 8 ohm out, it's not good for a lot, or what I want.

Archived