• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are bongos just the spec as 'rays?

No.

Bongos have an 18v preamp, Stingrays have a 9v preamp

Bongos have Neo pickups, Stingrays (SR4's) have Alinco pickups

Bongos have a painted neck, Stingrays have a satin neck

The neck profile is very similar, and some of the sounds are close...but it's not the same. I think they sound really good though.

I want a Bongo 5 HH in Lava Pearl!!!

• Members

The good thing about Bongos is that the resale is a bit lower than SRs. I've seen them for $800 to $850 @ TB before for the common finishes (like this one which looks like Desert Gold). Lava Pearl is orange.

The neck splits the difference between the SR and the Sterling. And yes they are tone monsters.

If you really dig MMs you should go visit the EBMM forum. Dive into that HUGE thread about the finishes that MM offered over the years.

• Members

This one is up for $1000 CAD which is something like $1050 USD I think, do you think it's worth that? There are so many rays about they are losing their value now imo, but i'm not sure this is worth $1000 CAD with that nick in the back :o

Can't decide.

• Members

This one is up for $1000 CAD which is something like $1050 USD I think, do you think it's worth that? There are so many rays about they are losing their value now imo, but i'm not sure this is worth $1000 CAD with that nick in the back
:o

Can't decide.

Whoah! Just got to Long and McQuade bro. For a few more bucks you can get a new one.

• Members

Whoah! Just got to Long and McQuade bro. For a few more bucks you can get a new one.

That's what I thought :( but this combination is pretty much perfect (for me).

Maybe i'll link him to this thread and see if he will change his mind on the price a bit?

OT: Do you by any chance know why, it costs over twice as much to ship stuff from Canada :confused:

• Members

How can you tell if an mm has a Piezo?

What do you think this bass is worth as well?

You can tell by the slightly different looking saddles in the bridge pix.

Seems like you can get the new HH bongo between $1500 ~ $1800 depending on colors and options. Yeah. Get 'em used.

• Members

How much do you reckon I should be paying for a bongo in that spec second hand then, with that ding?

Dings don't play a huge part in resale..not something in that place and that size..it's very minute. I'd pay 800.00, not more. That bass is wondrous...and is worth it.

Dan

Archived