Attention: YOUTUBE THREADS - Read This....

mactac

• Members

OK, so I belong to a bunch of forums (synth, bass, etc) and these "check out this video" threads are everywhere. Half the videos are broken links & it's a massive pain to go through a million pages to find the links...

SO.....

I set up a site for collecting all the cool musician videos all in one place, and put it up at:

www.killerchops.tv

Now, I just put it up a few days ago, and it's only got less than 500 videos up, but I hope to keep adding them as I find them in these threads. I've gone through a bunch of threads here & posted most of the vids that I found that still work.

In the meantime, post youtube videos to this thread I'll add every one to the site as it's posted !

I also have an RSS feed set up so you can be informed of new stuff as it's posted.

All suggestions would be welcome, I hope to add the ability for people to add videos as well soon

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

spam??? I made the site thought people would find it helpful. It's not like I'm making money off of it or anything. sheesh, relax.

I'm sure you're site if fine and dandy. I might even check it out when I have time. But when you come on here with 5 posts and start a thread like that... you're going to catch some s**t for it.

• Members

Then those ads are what, decoration?

They are google ads. It's costing me $10 per month to host the site & I was hoping to make some of it back so it doesn't actually COST money to have it up.

I doubt very much I'll make my $10/month.

• Members

I'm sure you're site if fine and dandy. I might even check it out when I have time. But when you come on here with 5 posts and start a thread like that... you're going to catch some s**t for it.

I hear you. I've watch the HC forum for a long time, but never post because there's just too much going on here. I post a lot on TB though.

I really did put this site up for everyone because I got sick of all the dead links in the youtube threads everywhere.

I'm sorry if it seems like spam, but like I said, I put the site up for everyone else, not for myself.... it took me a LOT of time to do it & even longer to go through all the youtube posts. I actually expected a bit of appreciation, but I guess I misinterpreted how people would react.

• Members

I hear you. I've watch the HC forum for a long time, but never post because there's just too much going on here. I post a lot on TB though.

I really did put this site up for everyone because I got sick of all the dead links in the youtube threads everywhere.

I'm sorry if it seems like spam, but like I said, I put the site up for everyone else, not for myself.... it took me a LOT of time to do it & even longer to go through all the youtube posts. I actually expected a bit of appreciation, but I guess I misinterpreted how people would react.

It's cool man - thanks for your effort.

My motto - expect nothing, then when you do get something, you can be happy about it.

• Members

You do know that you can link straight from here to Youtube by hitting the little YOUTUBE button that appears 5 icons to the right of the attach image button in the little window thing that you use to add a post... right?

So in other words, we have no real use for such a service (that garners you some form of small renumeration).

• Members

You do know that you can link straight from here to Youtube by hitting the little YOUTUBE button that appears 5 icons to the right of the attach image button in the little window thing that you use to add a post... right?

So in other words, we have no real use for such a service (that garners you some form of small renumeration).

Yeah, because everyone has the time and inclination to search through piles of crap in this forum to find a couple of Youtube vids :rolleyes:

Lay off this guy man - he doesn't want your money or your info.

Have you even been to the site?

Didn't think so...

• Members

Especially when the 5 previous posts also were spam and ended in the thread jail.

• Members

Yes, However half the youtube links are dead. Plus, I thought it would be nice to have them all together.

For the last time - I'm not making ANY money from this, not even "small remuneration". It's costing me (albeit a small amount) money. I tried to do something GOOD here. I really don't feel like I deserve to be chided for it.

If you don't like it, fine.

Man, try to do something nice....

• Members

Yes, However half the youtube links are dead. Plus, I thought it would be nice to have them all together.

For the last time - I'm not making ANY money from this, not even "small remuneration". It's costing me (albeit a small amount) money. I tried to do something GOOD here. I really don't feel like I deserve to be chided for it.

It's all timing. You create an account and have what was it 5 threads (soon to be 6?) closed down out of 5 posts? Not a good track record if you're fishing for credibility.

• Members

Yes I have, and furthermore...

Especially when the 5 previous posts also were spam and ended in the thread jail.

Booyaa Grandma!

OK, I'm not sure what this is all about, but it's simply NOT TRUE.

Man, this can be a very unfriendly place.

• Members

I tried to do something GOOD here. I really don't feel like I deserve to be chided for it.

Pouting is not going to help.

Just chill out... let people find it and check it out... and allow it to take its own course.

That's all you can do, man. If people don't want to look at it, don't take it personally.

• Members

It's all timing. You create an account and have what was it 5 threads (soon to be 6?) closed down out of 5 posts? Not a good track record if you're fishing for credibility.

I'm not "fishing for credibility"

The fact of the matter is I'm trying to help out. If you don't like it, fine. I don't care if you come to the site...really.

Jeez... Mommy, can I come home to kansas now?

Archived