Santa told "Ho-ho-ho" is a no-no

Hearafter

• Members

Politically Correctness is going to be the death of this planet....

SYDNEY (AFP) - Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.

Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.

One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children and was too close to "ho", a US slang term for prostitute.

"Gimme a break," said Julie Gale, who runs the campaign against sexualising children called Kids Free 2B Kids. "BOALG's mom is not associated with Santa Claus." she added.

"We are talking about little kids who do not understand that "ho, ho, ho" has any other connotation and nor should they," she told the Telegraph.

"Leave Santa alone."

A local spokesman for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was "misleading" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself.

• Members

Lame?

"Politically Correctness is going to be the death of this planet"

Agreed, I honestly think people need to harden the {censored} up, people will think what they want to think, sexual connotations, etc and whatever. If people are so worried about the children why not just keep quite, its bull{censored} like this that "exposes" children to these connotations anyway.

My 0.2c

• Members

Lame?

"Politically Correctness is going to be the death of this planet"

Agreed, I honestly think people need to harden the {censored} up, people will think what they want to think, sexual connotations, etc and whatever. If people are so worried about the children why not just keep quite, its bull{censored} like this that "exposes" children to these connotations anyway.

My 0.2c

But if it saves just one child from becoming a ho...isn't it worth it? :cry:

...cuts self

• Members

This caused a short, loud burst of laughter from my cubicle... People around me probably think I'm crazy.

Anyway, yeah, this just makes me want to go out and say "ho, ho, ho, have a marry christmas, hoes!" to everyone. I am a firm believer that PC is BS.

Archived