Demo

Thumper

• Members

Finn's son has his own band, and Tony agreed to do record the demo in exchange for us opening up for them for a couple shows. I think we got the better end of the deal. :D

We recorded a scratch track with everyone mic'ed or running through direct boxes into the board. The drums were mic'ed and bass (my '79 Franken-P/J) was recorded through a Countryman DI. Once we had the drum and bass parts done, we dubbed rhythm guitar, lead vocals, harmonies, and lead guitar in that order. It's pretty close to how we sound live. My biggest fear was we'd end up sounding over-processed.

• Members

We recorded a scratch track with everyone mic'ed or running through direct boxes into the board. The drums were mic'ed and bass (my '79 Franken-P/J) was recorded through a Countryman DI. Once we had the drum and bass parts done, we dubbed rhythm guitar, lead vocals, harmonies, and lead guitar in that order. It's pretty close to how we sound live. My biggest fear was we'd end up sounding over-processed.

:cool: Demo, gigs, & a happy family all in one. Do you know what the board recorded to? i.e. what types of gear involved. My band is heading toward the demo phase and I'm just curious what's being used by others.

Archived